Votes: 33 86.8%
  • LHD Canadian Supra

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters

BigTree

Targa JZA70 FTW
Jan 6, 2007
Canada, BC
KK guys here are my 2 options. Money is in canadian.

1. JZA70 car. 91, Black, Grey cloth interior, lowered, BOV, exhaust. 7-8k RHD
2. 91 Cndn Supra-Black ~110k km's, documention since new, heated leather, headlight squirters absolutely mint condition LHD ~12k

The two things holding me off on the JZA70 car would be, 1. it is RHD. It may hamper resale value (OMG!!) may be more difficult to pass on the highway, etc. 2. I dont want cloth interior, lol. But that can be changed easily enough.

Is the extra few grand worth getting the LHD car? I dunno. Vote and give me your opinion. I am loosing way to much sleep over this.

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
I just bought a RHD 1J and I love it. Best thing I ever bought. And if you're worried about passing and stuff it really makes no difference...that's why they put mirrors on them haha :crazy1: The only part you gotta get used to is where your car is in regards to the center line and shoulder but after a day you should have it down no problem like I did. Anyways hope I helped you out a bit. Let me know how it goes for ya.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
had to go w/ rhd 1jz because of the availability of the thing. If you have the means then by all means take advantage of it.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
I don't know if my old ass could ever get used to a RHD?:aigo: ...but, for a DD, the 1JZ is definately a superior choice over the 7M car (IMHO) They are silky smooth accelerators, sound awesome with the right exhaust,:love: and are less problem ridden than the 7M.
Good luck with your decision!:icon_razz

BigTree

Targa JZA70 FTW
Jan 6, 2007
Canada, BC
No Recaro here. The JZA70 is not a TT-R soley becuase this car has to have a Targa top, and there is no such thing as a TT-R targa top car I am told.

So boring stock grey cloth.
Nothing leatherseats.com covers should not be able to fix though.

Thanks alot for the opinions thus forth guys. Incredible response.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
I would go with #2. Sounds like it was better taken care of and sounds like you'll take care if it since it won't be a year round DD.

#1 sounds like it has been beaten on. I know the 1jz can take it but I would go with #2.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
^ Agreed, if the car has all maintenance records and has been cared for (sounds like it has) I'd be more tempted to go with it. The 1J is nice, but th 7M is a good engine too.

claricae86 said:
is having leather seats in a 90's supra really that big of a deal to you?
I refuse to own a car without leather, so it could easily be a big deal to him too.
Plus, doesn't matter how old the car is or what kind it is, if you have to drive it then little things like that matter. I wouldn't care if it was a 70's Cavalier, I would go recover the seats with leather, just because I prefer the feel and look. Cloth bugs me. :)

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
1JZ FTW. Besides, being a true JZA70 will only help the resale value since you're only going to sell it (hopefully never) to another sports car nut like us. The 1J is a completely different animal from the 7M. I've blown 2 7M's, so I'm speaking from experience. The 1J has almost no lag and really loves to haul some serious ass. Not to mention you also have the ability to convert to the 6-speed with the 1J. Also take in mind that the 7M is more of a 1/4 mile car. It doesn't like cornering because of the oil pick-up design. The 1J was built to hit the road coarse and the strip. Lastly, IMO, I'd buy the JZA70 and then put the extra cash you would have put into buying the MA71 and make it even more of a monster.

Last edited:

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
like i said test drive you will fall in love with the 1jz its a driving experiance i had a mkiv and it even feels like a better sounding and running engine then it! dont be afraid to peg the tach on it when you drive it!

the 7M better get a 5 year warrenty with that thing because i have had nothing but problems with it personaly but i did get 180,000 miles out of taking verry good care of it piston finaly went through the block..