Plugwires of choice?

Supra5MGTE

Nov 11, 2005
Tampa, FL
I've noticed the Avg price for MSD's are $85 and the NGK's are about $56. Quite a price difference. I ran MSD super conductors on my 89 Vette and they only lasted 1.5yr ish. they got cracks in them all over. I'm kinda leaning toward NGK's b/c of price and I didn't have a great experience with MSD's.

A

Allpurposbrwnguy

I'm currently running MSD's and it's been alittle over a year now...they seem to be holding up O.K. No cracks or anything like that. I think since you already have tried MSD's you should try the NGK's. It'll also give you a chance to compare the 2.

Supra5MGTE

Nov 11, 2005
Tampa, FL
Allpurposbrwnguy said:
I'm currently running MSD's and it's been alittle over a year now...they seem to be holding up O.K. No cracks or anything like that. I think since you already have tried MSD's you should try the NGK's. It'll also give you a chance to compare the 2.

That's what I'm thinking. not to mention save some Money for the time being.

Thermactor

Been there, done that
Jun 23, 2005
San Diego CA
best kind to get? new stock spark plug wires. can't beat the fitment or quality, and they'll spark just as well as any other wires with our ignition system

Supra5MGTE

Nov 11, 2005
Tampa, FL
i don't think toyota makes the 7mgte wires anymore. I checked on two online toyota parts places and they carry the cressida and 7MGE wires, but no GTE wires.

Supra5MGTE

Nov 11, 2005
Tampa, FL
billspreston01 said:
anybody have any clue how much it would cost to get wires like the mkiv with the coil built into the wire?

a lot. the 5VZ 3.4L V6 that comes in Tacomas and 4runners 96-03 have that style of coil on plug. not sure if I'd have enough room (or money) for that setup.

bluepearl

Jul 21, 2005
pa.
jester1341 said:
what is the size on stock wires, and how much do they cost??

john
I have two complete sets of low milage stock wires in excellent condition, pm for more info and price Joe