Please explain GTE oil orifice on block? Pictures added.

toyota.s

Nov 2, 2022
Does anybody know what the oil orifice on the block connects to between oil filter housing and oil pressure sender?

I have a GE supra but cracked block, so machinist sold me a GTE block.

I pretty much figured out every orifice out on the GTE except for this one. I'm assuming it's for the turbo oil drain because the GE block doesn't even have that orifice.

Any suggestions for plugging it up? Thinking about connecting it to the other turbo drain with AN -10 fitting and lines but, afraid of oil pressure might be skewed. Or just get a bolt to plug it?

Attachments

• 20240706_210120.jpg
    20240706_210120.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240706_221930.jpg
    20240706_221930.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

Bru

Feb 28, 2013
Tampa Bay Area
This is the oil pressure feed for the turbo. It's drilled directly into the oil pressure galley that feeds the entire engine. This is where the banjo connects that you see in your photo to the right. The return drain is on the other side of the oil filter. That connects to the block and drains to the oil pan. It's curious that you have a 7M designation on the block, but no serial number. Tomorrow I will measure the thread pitch and size for that bolt and post it. You should be able to find a metric plug. Just don't block off the oil flow with too long of a bolt instead of a shouldered plug.

Bru

Feb 28, 2013
Tampa Bay Area
The person on the other Supra Forum gave the correct answer M12 x 1.25. His link to Advance Auto Parts came back as an oil drain plug, which will work. Use a copper washer or permatex ultra-black silicone to seal it. The torque spec for the banjo bolt of the turbo oil line is 25 foot-pounds. The torque spec for the block off plate nuts is 8 foot-pounds, which is basically snug tight.

Reactions: toyota.s

toyota.s

Nov 2, 2022
The person on the other Supra Forum gave the correct answer M12 x 1.25. His link to Advance Auto Parts came back as an oil drain plug, which will work. Use a copper washer or permatex ultra-black silicone to seal it. The torque spec for the banjo bolt of the turbo oil line is 25 foot-pounds. The torque spec for the block off plate nuts is 8 foot-pounds, which is basically snug tight.
yes indeed, I took a tread chaser M12 x 1.25 and its smooth going in. Also planning to get the Arizona performance flange for the oil return drain and cap it off.