Pacesetter Headers

crosupra

Jun 28, 2006
Croatia
hi!

i'm interested to buy a pacesetter headers.

are they worthed, or it's just a vaste of money?

sorry for crappy english... i'm still learning :icon_bigg

Last edited:

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
It depends if you think it's worth it. They need to be modified a bit to fit our cars, but if you want cheap+bolt-on power, they're the only way to go on an N/A (after intake/exhaust).

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
They will have to be worked to fit. I put one on my car and had to have the flange ground, some of the holes for the bolts didn't line up and had to be elongated, I didn't like the Y tube size on the bottom so had it made into 2.5 out to the first collector and the OXY sensor location I didnt like and had it moved to the Y and installed flat cause it is raised too much and seemed to mask the Oxygen sensor.
I wrapped them with exhaust wrap which is OK for now, keeps some of the heat down.
Also the paint burned off pretty quickly.
Performance went up some, dropped over 1 second 0-60.
If I could do it over I would get a custom set made from stainless like those on the Lexus 2JZ exhausts (won't fit our heads) or see about OBX with ceramic coating.

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
^^ A whole second? Can anyone else confirm that headers make that must of a difference? I was always under the impression that the power gains of them were minimal.

Unless someone can throw down some proof that headers will make a major difference, I'd say save you your pennies for an engine swap if you crave more power.

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Yeah with the 3.73 rear end and stock exhaust I was somewhere in the mid 11's allways, after headers was closer to mid 10's. The rear end is now gone and I have a 3.91 and its in the high 9's, which is still nowhere close to new specs.

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
f00g00 said:
Yeah with the 3.73 rear end and stock exhaust I was somewhere in the mid 11's allways, after headers was closer to mid 10's. The rear end is now gone and I have a 3.91 and its in the high 9's, which is still nowhere close to new specs.
my N/A was no where near that slow, i'm pretty sure i was around 8.5-9.5 seconds...
(5spd)

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
yep, thats 0-60 times not 1/4 mile. I'd be embarrassed to make a 1/4 mile run
unless it was against a tercel which before the headers and old LSD I had trouble with.
I don't know how they got the original 0-60 times unless it was with the 4.30 LSD in the back for the NA's;
I neglected to mention that I also went 2.5 all the way back with 2 little glass packs and a straight through boomer muffler with the pacesetters and dropped the stock exhaust with resonators. I got tired of hearing the loud exhaust within 2 weeks and put the stocker back on from the collector back so its now got the stock muffler with one resonator and no cat. Nice and quiet again.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
OBX are stainless, mandrel bent tubes. Pacesetter are painted, mild steel. The Pacesetter's will rust, the OBX never will. Both require some modifying, but I personally prefer the OBX, I have them now. One of the sponsors sells the OBX already modified, I think its horsepowerfreaks, but not sure. Oh yeah, 2.5" all the way back, cat delete, 24" magnaflow glass pack just before the rear wheels, and a 2 chamber Flow on the end. Quiet on idle and low throttle, louder, but not blaring, at WOT. I doubt my 0-60 is as slow as 8 sec.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
crosupra said:
hi!

i'm interested to buy a pacesetter headers.

are they worthed, or it's just a vaste of money?

sorry for crappy english... i'm still learning :icon_bigg
what other mods have you done,or are you planning to do?
post some pix!

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
Pacesetter's header made a noticeable difference on my car when it was NA with a new exhaust manifold gasket and heatwrap.

lol @ MKivSupra_Rob, I don't think anybody else got it.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
I made a 12rwhp gain with my exhaust that included a modified Pacesetter header, 2.5" collector to a 2.25" crushed bent, catless exhaust. (5MGE, not 7M)

Just FYI :)

Last edited:

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
This topic is a bit old...but does anyone have any dyno results on an NA 7m? That plus a nice exhaust like tanya is saying has to make some nice power gains. I know its gona be mostly top end, but thats still good! Also, where can you buy the OBX header? Ive seen it before but i cant seem to find it now!

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
f00g00 said:
I don't know how they got the original 0-60 times unless it was with the 4.30 LSD in the back for the NA's

Given that the 4.30:1 diff is all that the N/A's ever shipped with I'd say that's rather likely. ;)

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
DonS1mpson said:
^^ What about sports pack NAs? I'm sure I've read before that they came with a different diff.

The Sport package came with the 4.30:1 LSD (the LSD was available as a seperate option as well). ALL N/A's came with a 4.30:1 diff, the only difference was whether it was a LSD or Open diff.