Pa-Sheeeewwwwwwww

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Just got my engine rebuilt and all botled together.

I was setting the timing. So I adjust the cams, OK...Start turning the crank. Its a little harder then normal, and its making pressure somewhere. I can here air going pa sheeewwwww. Theres no fluids in the motor right now except a little WD40 on top of the pistons.

It sounds like the noise is almost coming from the intake.

Edit: I think the noise is coming from the big oil line behind the alternator, I put my thumb over it and it got muffled...sooo yeah. WTF is causing this?

Another thing: I put new rings on. Could this just be some mad crank case pressure?

Last edited:

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
No replys...

Moving on.

I pulled a noob. I didnt notice I had left the spark plugs in when I pulled the motor a few months back. when I took them out it went away and rotated more freely. =/

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
haha. dont worry Y. i forgot to plug my AFM back in after my whole intake job, and was pissed when the thing wasnt idling right.

plugged it back in and it just purred. damn, i felt like a retard.

2slow4you

Oct 10, 2006
WV
Yellow 13 said:
Just got my engine rebuilt and all botled together.

I was setting the timing. So I adjust the cams, OK...Start turning the crank. Its a little harder then normal, and its making pressure somewhere. I can here air going pa sheeewwwww. Theres no fluids in the motor right now except a little WD40 on top of the pistons.

It sounds like the noise is almost coming from the intake.

Edit: I think the noise is coming from the big oil line behind the alternator, I put my thumb over it and it got muffled...sooo yeah. WTF is causing this?

Another thing: I put new rings on. Could this just be some mad crank case pressure?

It's normal.... I'll assume you're turning it with the plugs in

mickyg

7MGE MX-73
Sep 15, 2005
Melbourne AU
This is a fantastic post! I think we need more "stupid n00b things we've all done" posts because it's true - We've all done them! Plus, it helps others when they run into the same issues.

Thanks for posting the "fix" Yellow!

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Wow.... I LOL'd @ you Yellow13...... I couldn't help it, I did.

I've done stuff like that too man. Like cranking the car with a 3/4 inch socket wrench on the crank pulley.... or like my friend who put his unidirectional tires on backwards.....

It's good humor!