overflow raidator question

megachao

Jul 22, 2007
Redlands, CA
hi,
At the moment my car overflow tankdoes not work from what i can tell.
the coolant in the radiator becomes low and the over flow tank fluid lvl does not change at all. i all so som waterfall sounding coming from my dash every time i press the gas pedal.
was wondering if u guys could tell me whats wrong and y the over flow tank does not work
Thnx for all the help

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
megachao said:
hi,
At the moment my car overflow tankdoes not work from what i can tell.
the coolant in the radiator becomes low and the over flow tank fluid lvl does not change at all. i all so som waterfall sounding coming from my dash every time i press the gas pedal.
was wondering if u guys could tell me whats wrong and y the over flow tank does not work
Thnx for all the help

I don't know about the overflow bottle not working, but there is plenty here to start your troubleshooting:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/search.php?searchid=977222

Good Luck!

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
A failing radiator cap will cause water to not transfer to the radiator. Hearing the water rush into your heater core suggests you have a water leak in the system, which will also cause the overflow to not flow back to radiator.

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
Yeah, if you have a small leak and it takes less pressure to force the water out of the leak spot than it does to open the rad cap, then the rad cap will never open and you will be losing water. So check for leaks, rebleed the system and check the rad cap. You might want to get a new cap, they aren't much money and worth it to prevent any other cooling problems.

Tim

megachao

Jul 22, 2007
Redlands, CA
i found the leak.... the bottom screw in the thermostat housing was gone and i did not even know it
thnx for all the help everything is running fine now