Our beautiful 87

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Hey guys! Heidi and I found ourselves in a nice park with the digital camera the other day, so we took a few photos. Hope you enjoy them!
2086779_1_full.jpg
2086779_2_full.jpg

This view will look much sexier with the addition of a tinted blinker cover from Kevin M (Come on group Buy!) -----Note the sunshade from Kevin M---
2086779_3_full.jpg
2086779_4_full.jpg

---------------Gotta love Teins!----------------------------------------------------------------- Oh, and look at that mirror finish! Not bad for 18 year old paint eh?
2086779_5_full.jpg
2086779_6_full.jpg

2086779_7_full.jpg
2086779_8_full.jpg

I owe Heidi an aluminum radiator and electric fans since I broke her fan shroud!
2086779_9_full.jpg
2086779_10_full.jpg

We are patiently awaiting our new gunmetal JZA70 rims from Stanzaspeed (You rock John!) And we'll be sure to post new pics when those are installed.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
mmm, hotness that is soo clean. why cant my paint be that nice? its good to see you finally posted up a bunch of updated pics. a new rad and fan was needed the day some of these cars were made. i really find the stock rad ugly in the engine bay, not to mention the stock fan shroud breaks if you look at it funny. just think of how much cooler you will run with that nice shiney aluminum rad in there.

i hope you enjoy the wheels. maby in a few months you can buy my new ones when i run out of money for my motor swap. :biglaugh:

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Thanks Loki, Is that the same black 89 you've always had?
It's really come a long way from jackstands and red underfenders. ;)

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
IHI-RHC7 said:
Thanks Loki, Is that the same black 89 you've always had?
It's really come a long way from jackstands and red underfenders. ;)

No, this is a new one. I gave up on that one :( this one is in way better shape....and it's all the same colour :love:

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Loki, The new one looks WAY better
Hopefully my 89 hardtop will have a motor in it someday...
New wheel pics coming soon! .
Congratulations, Furball!
Aren't Heidis the best?
My Heidi will be getting something sparkly very soon ;)

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
IHI-RHC7 said:
Congratulations, Furball!
Aren't Heidis the best?
My Heidi will be getting something sparkly very soon ;)

Yes they are! :icon_bigg And good to hear it about your Heidi!

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
HA!
Thanks for the comments everyone.
The wheels have tires now, so pics will be coming VERY soon!

For those that care, current mods are
-K&N, 3" GM MAF, MAFT, 2.75" hardpipes, Blitz 4 core FMIC, HKS SSQ BOV,T-bolt clamps, RC 550s, Aeromotive AFPR, Port matched upper intake manifold, Titan 2mm MHG, ARP head studs, 5 angle valve job, Ported and polished head, Brand new toyota rod and main bearings, Ported and polished exhaust manifold, Stock CT-26 blowing 17-20 psi, BIC DDP ceramic coated with wide band bung, Cooleeze test pipe and cat back pipes, Apex-i N1 muffler, Remote oil filter, B&M supercooler oil cooler, B&M thermostatic oil control valve, 7.5 qts of full synthetic 20W50, HPF bronze clutch disk, ACT heavy duty pressure plate, Toyota green truck shifter bushing, Apex-i AVC-R and S-AFC-II, HKS Type 1 Turbo timer, K-Mart rear sunshade, Tein HA fully adjustable coilovers, Clear front turn signals, 15% tint. 305RWHP, 385TQ (on an overheating engine, 105 degrees outside...)
There's probably a few more things done here and there, but that's most of it. The goal was 400 on the stock CT, now we'll be happy with 350...

Thanks again for the kind words!
-Jake and Heidi

Last edited:

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
i love the mod list. you have more parts on the car than i have strewn about my house, and thats alot. it looks so tame outside but it sounds quick. i can only emagine what that built motor you have is going to make when its done. make sure you update when you get the wheels and other goodies on :biggrinbo