One Step Closer... (no 56k)

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
Just got the supra back from paint. :biglaugh: RSP! FTW:biglaugh:

What you guys think?:naughty:

sorry, I haven't put her back together yet... i have all the molding, lights and spoiler in the trunk.

p716587_1.jpg

:love: :biggrinbo

p716587_2.jpg

:bowdown:
p716587_3.jpg

:bigthumb:

p716587_4.jpg

spot in the center of the hood is the reflection the light on the carport.:icon_mad:

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
How many coats of clear is that? Make them wetsand the orangepeel if the clear is thick enough, and reclear it. If you paid alot of money to have a shop do that, they broke it off in your ass. Not being an ass, just looking out for you. No professional would let that pass. Very nice color choice though, love the metalflake. Make them redo before you put your trim and lights back in. Let us know what the shop says too, I know I am curious about it.
What part of Alabama are you in?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'd like to see it up close and personal. That orange peel could be the reflection of the lights overhead or even his camera flash.................or it could be orange peel, but he seems to love it.

Looking good sir. I'm glad to see another blue supra in Alabama.................:love:

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
suprahero said:
I'd like to see it up close and personal. That orange peel could be the reflection of the lights overhead or even his camera flash.................or it could be orange peel, but he seems to love it.

Looking good sir. I'm glad to see another blue supra in Alabama.................:love:

I was going to say the same thing.. The pics of my bumper that got painted did not look as good as it really was. Its hard to get a good pic of a paint job.

I would say put it out in the front yard on a bright day. Take a pic with it outside of the carport, reflections in the paint will fool us into seeing flaws that are not there.

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
Thanks for the comments guys.

All in all it cost me about $500 bucks. I did the prep and paint work mysefl :icon_surp.

there is a little bit of peal, i haven't sanded it yet. It was about 106 and it was hard as crap to not run also.

I have to put all the molding and trim back on, wet sand it, and buff it. It should look pretty good then.

I'm located in anniston/oxford area

Kylar27

Supra Lover
Oct 2, 2005
Connecticut
JMDigital said:
I was going to say the same thing.. The pics of my bumper that got painted did not look as good as it really was. Its hard to get a good pic of a paint job.

I would say put it out in the front yard on a bright day. Take a pic with it outside of the carport, reflections in the paint will fool us into seeing flaws that are not there.

Yeah I agree, I just got my car painted and it so hard to get a pic that shows how the paint looks in real life. I have yet to get a good pic that shows the paints real color. I think I need to work on my photography skills :3d_frown:

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
it also depends alot on your camera, and the camera settings. the professional shots you see on the net are usually editted in photoshop to get the colors and such right.

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
MKivSupra_Rob said:
missing a mirror? I'd take it back and make them re-do it thats way to much orange peel.

LOL yeah... going with 1 mirror is a new thing, better aerodynamics :naughty:

its in the passenger seat still, gotta reinstall it.:icon_razz

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
Poodles said:
wet sand and buff BEFORE putting the trim back on, it will only get in the way

buffer will rip trim off (and wings, ect)

yeah, thats why i havn't put it back together yet.

Thanks for the comments guys. :icon_surp