oil temp/pressure question

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Yep...you're reading pressure basically at the pump. The stock location is where you should take readings.

Make sure you have the oil stat orientated correctly...if you are feeding to the closed side, pressure on the filter/block side will be high due to the restriction. Also make sure your filter head is plumbed correctly. Oil feeds in from the outside fitting and exits from the center fitting. On the adapter, oil should be going to the filter head from the outside fitting...oil from the stat should be feeding the motor on the center fitting.

What make of filter are you using?

dansmith11

Mar 2, 2007
calgary
jdub said:
Yep...you're reading pressure basically at the pump. The stock location is where you should take readings.

Make sure you have the oil stat orientated correctly...if you are feeding to the closed side, pressure on the filter/block side will be high due to the restriction. Also make sure your filter head is plumbed correctly. Oil feeds in from the outside fitting and exits from the center fitting. On the adapter, oil should be going to the filter head from the outside fitting...oil from the stat should be feeding the motor on the center fitting.

What make of filter are you using?

ya the lines are all plumbed properly, i guess ill just have relocate my sensor.

my filter is currently K&N, although it looks like the autovalue by my house just started carrying WIX stuff, so ill probably switch to that next oil change.