O2 Sensor Wire Relocation?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Hey guys and gals!

I was just wondering of anyone has relocated their O2 Sensor Wiring from the stock location. I was considering routing it in a different direction to get it away from all the heat of it's current route.

The added length of wire wouldn't be enough to cause signal loss issues.

Anyone done this...is it a No No??

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I had planned to route it in a wire sheath through the fenderwell, and back into the car. It's on my long, long list of things to accomplish in the next 300 years or so...

Think of it this way, it already has super long wires coming from the glove box area, wraps around the back of the motor, between the intake manifolds, around the front of the motor, then past the distributor/cps area, and finally to the actual sensor.

I think no matter how you re-route the wires, it'll be shorter. ;)

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
youd think it would splice in right before the harness hits the firewall, save maybe 2-3' of wire for the bean counters....

Aspec

Supra uber alles
Dec 22, 2005
Surprise, AZ
grimreaper;1166371 said:
youd think it would splice in right before the harness hits the firewall, save maybe 2-3' of wire for the bean counters....

The circuit labeled "OX" coming from the sensor has to make a stop at the diagnostic block by the battery before making it to the ECU. ;)

Aspec

Supra uber alles
Dec 22, 2005
Surprise, AZ
Thanks man. I just had to chase down an intermittent short to ground on the "OX" circuit and thought I'd share. :icon_bigg

_

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
i havnt worked much with the 7M motors, but were you just going to relocate the wiring, or would you relocate the sensor it self in the exhuast stream and all too?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
A good O2 sensor has a sheath over the wire..., and it hooks in under one of the pipes right there. It's not as hot as one would think...