Nor Cal Machine Shop w/Torque Plate???

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
Anybody know of one??? The one machine shop i just called said the toyota has pretty rigid cylinders and is equally spaced head bolts, so i should be ok... haha.

So if you own/run/know a machine shop with a torque plate, LET ME KNOW!

(the only reason i didnt post in the southwest is cause nobody checks it)

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
Rennat;919198 said:
Anybody know of one??? The one machine shop i just called said the toyota has pretty rigid cylinders and is equally spaced head bolts, so i should be ok... haha.

What is the name of the machine shop there. How ever told you that has some real issues. What part of northern cali do you live in. I lived near sacramento for a long time. I have a couple of choice machine shops I always went to.

Whasian

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
I called a local one in Manteca...

I live in Tracy, but i want it done the RIGHT way, so if i have to travel to Sacramento, San Jose, or Modesto or somewhere i will.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
I got a quote from a shop in manteca, the one who does not have a torque plate.

hot tank - 65
align bore mains - 125
rebore and hone - 80
surface block - 80
grind crank - 90
balance assembly - 250
valve job - 450 (pwned)
surface head - 60
surface flywheel - 30
Freeze Plugs - 5

Its not bad for most of the prices... but some of it im not loving... guess i'll keep callin around.

normandouglas

Oct 1, 2007
East Bay, CA
I'm also in need of this information. Whasian, could you please name the shops you're talking about? Preferably straight machine shops, not "race" shops.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
Machine shops or race shops doesnt matter... althought i was suprised how much the prices varied when i was calling around yesterday... 100 to hot tank a block??? thats a little crazy...

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Thermal cleaning is baking the bare block in an oven at 300 degrees. Then you shot peen the entire block in a very large tumbler. this is what I do to my blocks. Makes them look like new and does wonders for the metal.