noob boost guage question

AFTERMATHpb31

Jul 6, 2006
North Fort Myers, FL
i seem to be having some problems with my boost, its only reading at 4 to 5 psi and it used to read at 6, ive checked all my vacume hoses and intercooler pipes and found a cracked one going into the right camshaft which i dont know what it does but i fixed it and its still not boosting any higher, so i got an aftermarket boost guage and ive looked around but cant seem to find a good explination on how to install a boost guage, does anyone have any pics or good info on how to do this?:1zhelp: Thanks.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
As long as you can figure out how to get the boost gauge hose into the engine bay with out drilling the car to death....

Find the nipple off the back of the intake manifold. Install a T on this nipple. Connect the boost hose to this T, and the stock hoses to the other sides of the T.

AFTERMATHpb31

Jul 6, 2006
North Fort Myers, FL
MDCmotorsports said:
As long as you can figure out how to get the boost gauge hose into the engine bay with out drilling the car to death....

Find the nipple off the back of the intake manifold. Install a T on this nipple. Connect the boost hose to this T, and the stock hoses to the other sides of the T.

ok thanks, is there a specific way you think i should go about drilling or where to go through that would be the easiest and not have to drill my car to death?

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Just follow said line over to the heater switch, t into it there, run the vac line through the same hole as your harness, poke a hole in the rubber grommet deal around the harness, push the vac line through for your gauge, run al that through your dash/glove box, remove ash tray, run hose through there, hook up your boost gauge to the hose, shove gauge into hole where ashtray was.

-That's how I roll-