no heat

87'N/A

Aug 2, 2009
Auburn, WA
Heater isn't working car only blows cold air. I've already tried the heater control valve trick that didn't work. And I don't think that the heater core is out because I've heard that if that was the case it would be leaking water which it isn't. So is there anything else that would cause this? Is it possible that the heater core is clogged and needs to be flushed out?? Any feedback would be nice!!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Did you move the arm up or apply straight vacuum to the valve?

Can you move the valve open with your hand?

87'N/A

Aug 2, 2009
Auburn, WA
IJ.;1638766 said:
It's inside the control box that you use to adjust heat/AC/fan speed, if you have access to a spare try that and see if you get heat back.

how do i get into that? also can one of these be picked up at an auto parts store or would i have to go to a junkyard?

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
87'N/A;1642368 said:
how do i get into that? also can one of these be picked up at an auto parts store or would i have to go to a junkyard?

87_climate_x.jpg

87'N/A

Aug 2, 2009
Auburn, WA
RazoE;1642414 said:
junkyard, but if you have a pre 89, you might as well go with an 89+ unit, as the buttons don't peel on those and the design is slightly nicer.

plug and play

ohhhh so i have to replace the entire unit? not just the ac amp?

87'N/A

Aug 2, 2009
Auburn, WA
RazoE;1642505 said:
They're not very expensive at all, maybe $40 - 60 for a working one..

Yep gonna buy one from modmonster2008 :)! Tomorrow or the next day hopefully. The weather here in Washington is sorta getting in the way at the moment lol.

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
hey bro i can give u a few suggestions, first off idle the car for about 15 mins till the temp gauge is about at the middle (at least) and then find the two heater hoses, one on the driver side of the firewall and one is the one that attaches to the heater control valve (make sure the control arm is up so it lets water flow into the core) after 15 mins they should feel at about the same temp (HOT!). if those are what u feel the same temp, its time to check electronics, sit in the passenger side of the car put your ear close to the glove box area while you are increasing and decreasing the temp range from 65 to 85, you should hear a small motor actuating inside the dash which indicates the control door in the HVAC assembly working, let me know what you find out, if worse comes to worse i can meet you somewhere when the snow thaws out and help you diagnose the problem

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Is your heater valve working? Look and see if you can push up an "L" shaped bracket below the round part of the heater valve and see if you get heat. If you can't figure out what I am saying, bypass the heater valve, if you get heat, look at the valve when you take it out, put it in the open position and then reinstall it.

Post back if you need more help.