No Crank?

90Turbo7M

Jun 18, 2007
Sacramento California
ok, i looked on the thread and nothing popped out about my problem, So i decided to see if anyone can help me. Today, me and my brotha put in a working starter. Then we popped it in, i don't know but we screwed it in and it fit. I was under the car and i screwed the bottom of the starter in pretty tight, my brother was on top and he got the top screw in, but we couldn't reach it by tools so we used our hands to tight it up as tight as we can. Then later one of my buddy came over and plugged in the starter wire. Later on, we jumped wire the car, then turned the key, all the lights on the dash came on and everything, but when i turned the key all the way, the car didn't even bother to crank! I did hear the fuel runnin. Any suggestion on what could be wrong? :(

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
I think your 12v solenoid wire is disconnected. There are two wires that go to your starter. One is big and runs directly to the battery. The smaller one connects to the spade connector on the starter from the wire harness. I think your small wire is disconnected.

90Turbo7M

Jun 18, 2007
Sacramento California
p5150 said:
I think your 12v solenoid wire is disconnected. There are two wires that go to your starter. One is big and runs directly to the battery. The smaller one connects to the spade connector on the starter from the wire harness. I think your small wire is disconnected.

thanks much, ill see what i can do.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Your starter makes ground by it's contact with the block.

"Finger tight" aint gonna do it.

Before you do anything else:

You need to get back under there with a wrench, and find a way to tighten the bolts (not screws) on the starter.

It's tight in there, but with a little persistence it can be done. I've pulled mine on more than one occasion.