No Charge.....

BiGGinZ

May 3, 2007
SoCal
Okay, so my car sat for a month while waiting for some parts to fix it. I have all of the parts installed and the battery was dead of course. I tried to jump it but the battery was not holding any power. It would get some power, enough to crank the engine but not start it. I went and bought a new battery because that one looked old and like a cheapo one anyways. I installed the new battery and now the car has no charge at all. I can't even get the radio on, no power. Everything is hooked in correctly. The battery cables don't look great but I can't see any problems with them. Checked the battery just to make sure and it has power. I must have the batter hooked up incorrectly? I don't know how I have checked it 10 times. It was getting some power with the old battery so I feel like this must be the problem. Maybe I blew a fuse or something when installing the new battery, I don't even know if that is possible just throwing ideas out there. Can anything else but the battery be the problem here? Thanks for your help.

BiGGinZ

BiGGinZ

May 3, 2007
SoCal
No there is no lights or power at all. But I will check both of those things out, thanks for the input.

BiGGinZ

May 3, 2007
SoCal
Problem fixed! The positive cable had some cut wires. Got some new cables, gets the charge fine now.