NEX coilovers

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
I believe those are made by 3A Racing iirc. With suspension pieces, you definitely get what you pay for. I say just get some non adjustable Eibach's or even some from Suspension Techniques, throw some Koni's or KYB's on there eventually and call it a year. Do you really need to adjust your suspension enough to warrant the cost of coilovers?

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
RHDMK3 said:
I believe those are made by 3A Racing iirc. With suspension pieces, you definitely get what you pay for. I say just get some non adjustable Eibach's or even some from Suspension Techniques, throw some Koni's or KYB's on there eventually and call it a year. Do you really need to adjust your suspension enough to warrant the cost of coilovers?

Coilovers definately aren't worth the cost.....UNLESS you any kind of racing. I live in Idaho, so you can imagine a lot of gravel roads and bad paved roads, so it's nice to ride a little higher and adjust the dampening to really soft. But then reset it to do some auto X.

Coilovers definately aren't cost effective for the average person, but they sure are fun to have :bigthumb:

Sidenote: I have some Intrax springs I might want to sell. Kinda just to lazy to ship them though :)

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
For the price Id give it a shot

Megan was the same way in the begining.

BTW Coilovers make the car feel completly diffrent Im sure you'll love it.

s_and_c

Nov 19, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I don't know about the original poster, but I would need coilovers to stiffen the ride without lowering the car much, if at all. With stock springs I'm already having to crawl over the speedbumps and dips where I live, not to mention I have a steep driveway.

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
RHDMK3 said:

The lowering springs cost at least 225.00 shipped x2sets=450.00, and the konis cost 110-125.00x4 + shipping=900.00+ to the front door. I spent 785.00 and got Kpsort Kontol 36 way adjustable coilovers delivered to my front door.:naughty: :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
I have a set uof Eibach and KYB's. The front struts are adjustable and are from a MKIV. They were good for the first year and a half, but now im switching to the HKS Hypermax for more control and adjustiblity

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
reson i got coil overs its i ditch so much weight out fo my car mad eit handle diffent so i wana ajust that out of the car

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
QWIKSTRIKE said:
You must search and research where to buy things. There are more deals like that.
You must post links... You must... *swirly hypnotic thing spins* You muuuust show us the links... You must show us the deeeeals! :aigo:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
QWIKSTRIKE said:
The lowering springs cost at least 225.00 shipped x2sets=450.00, and the konis cost 110-125.00x4 + shipping=900.00+ to the front door. I spent 785.00 and got Kpsort Kontol 36 way adjustable coilovers delivered to my front door.:naughty: :biglaugh:

since when are spings sold in sets or 2? every place i look springs are all sold in sets of 4.

QWIKSTRIKE

Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
iwannadie said:
since when are spings sold in sets or 2? every place i look springs are all sold in sets of 4.

You are too smart for me dude....Ya got me on that. You haven't been around long enough to know what I know, and then out of the blue you tell me about your way limited knowledge. Suspension Techniques from JC Whitneys whenn I bought mine were.;):naughty: :biglaugh:

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
QWIKSTRIKE said:
[/B]

You are too smart for me dude....Ya got me on that. You haven't been around long enough to know what I know, and then out of the blue you tell me about your way limited knowledge. Suspension Techniques from JC Whitneys whenn I bought mine were.;):naughty: :biglaugh:

lol not trying to out smart anyone... just you quoted a price that was 200$ more than what it should be. it was a replay to a post about eibach springs and you didnt name a brand, so i assumed you were talking about eibach sold in pairs.

QWIKSTRIKE

Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
iwannadie said:
lol not trying to out smart anyone... just you quoted a price that was 200$ more than what it should be. it was a replay to a post about eibach springs and you didnt name a brand, so i assumed you were talking about eibach sold in pairs.

It's all good in the neighborhood....The price any one would pay for these cheap ass 4 way NEX coil overs, or a good set of konis/eibachs can have a great set of 36 way adjustable coilovers. I just mounted my rears in a 10kg spring rate. They are very comfortable and now the car rides like it was meant to ride IMHO. In the city of NYthere isn't any rough bounceing, or hard hitting bumps that rattle these things like others have reported.Today the fronts are going on and the rate is 15/KG

http://www.ksportusa.com/products/index.html

Last edited: