newb question

Jan 21, 2008
san francisco
hello my fellow supra brothers, plz excuse the newb question im about to ask.

after a long hard drive, do we have to let the engine idle for a few mins for the turbo to cool off? or can i just turn it off right away? im talking about the stock ct 26 turbo

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
or, be nice before you're to your destination and it will cool down faster.

The stock CT is water cooled and will still circulate after being turned off as long as you haven't been boosting horribly hard.

Not to also mention that modern oils won't coke in the turbo...

Mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
yea, rather than getting a turbo timer, i just made a little routine before i leave the car that lasts enough time to get the hot oils out of the turbo. unbuckle seatbelt, take face off radio and stow, stow ipod, roll up window. car off.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Back when I had my turbo bike and Conquest I would force myself to ride around the block a few times before idleing for a minute in the driveway. Now I will just get myself a turbo timer.

Even modern oils will cook in a turboo. Especially if improper oil change intervals are followed, as in hasnt been changed in the last year.

Nocheez

Probably posts too much
Apr 17, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I just let my car idle down my street from the main road. It's about half a mile and takes a minute or so. By the time I get the garage door opened and the car inside, it's been enough time to let the turbo cool off.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
My turbo timer is set for 30 seconds,alot of people will give this look like,"you know you left your car on?"
But it trips'em out when I hit the remote and it arms the alarm and rolls up the windows