New turbo wastegate test

1992supraman

Dec 1, 2007
Corvallis, OR
I recently bought a ct-26 hybrid and Im not sure if the wastegate is set at the same as the stock ct-26. Is there any trick for testing the pressure that it opens at? Ive tried with a compressor but I need some way to slowly increase the pressure and gauge it until it opens.

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
TC_008.gif

1992supraman

Dec 1, 2007
Corvallis, OR
yeah i just got a t and did that. and it doesnt open until 17psi. i only want to run about 10 or 12 for now. is there anyway of adjusting that without putting on a different wastegate? It has an adjustable arm but it doesnt matter if i set it all the way out if it doesnt even activate until 17. right?

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
LOL at Toyota.... "If the rod does not move, replace turbocharger assembly."
I think i'll just replace the WG if that ever happens.lol

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
1992supraman;989849 said:
can you take the actuator apart? I was looking at it and it I dont see any way to disassemble it. Or do I have to buy a different actuator?

I don't believe so, could be wrong.

Might have to purchase the actuator and arm... it all depends on the structure of the actuator. If it's pressed together, then yeah.. you probably can't take it apart easily or w/o damaging it.

Is this a BOSS turbo? If so, you can just get another actuator if you're not planning on running 17psi w/o a controller.