New to Supras...

Hello there... I was brought over to the forum by my boyfriend MrTaco. I actually joined the board before I owned a Supra (hence the username...) but since I now own one I thought I'd go ahead and post an introduction.

Up until about a week ago I owned a '94 Mustang GT that was my daily/project. Unfortunately after being sideswiped, I lost initiative with the car. I put it on craigslist hoping to get a decent trade offer. (I had the car listed for sale for $2500, but didn't dream of actually selling it.)

Here's a picture of it :
p1250727_1.jpg

Amazingly, sold the car for $2500 and bought a '95 Accord as a daily. Still had money left over so I started looking for a project car. Started out looking for a '60s mustang, but MrTaco happened upon an ad for a white '89 N/A supra. For only $850. I called the owner, told him we wanted to see the car, and got directions. Shortly after leaving (the car was about 2 hours away) I got a call saying that it looked like the car had just blown a head gasket. We went and looked at the car anyway and I ended up buying it for only $450. The car is quite clean, and I feel like I got a hell of a bargain on it.

Unfortunately, I'm somewhat partial to domestics... so I don't know a whole lot about the cars. But between MrTaco and Supramania, I don't think I'll have an unanswered question. ;]