New to forum... intro post

89_turborunner

Oct 1, 2006
Oregon
Ok. everyone without an open mind needs to leave this thread.

I bought a 1989 supra turbo with a targa top.

I bought it for the engine for my 4runner. I was a long time sports car guy but i got sick of laws and trying to make time for legal racing, so now i am an off-road guy.

But I loved my ma70 before i tore it apart! and I will hang around here for engine tech. Don't worry, I am keeping it in the family. the engine is still going in a toyota. it is an 88 4runner.

pics later guys

Boostedstr8six

I have better SA than you
Mar 30, 2005
Near Columbia, the river
89_turborunner said:
Ok. everyone without an open mind needs to leave this thread.

I bought a 1989 supra turbo with a targa top.

I bought it for the engine for my 4runner. I was a long time sports car guy but i got sick of laws and trying to make time for legal racing, so now i am an off-road guy.

But I loved my ma70 before i tore it apart! and I will hang around here for engine tech. Don't worry, I am keeping it in the family. the engine is still going in a toyota. it is an 88 4runner.

pics later guys

Heh, don't worry man. This isn't Pirate. ;) Welcome! I have a couple 4runners myself. A 92 daily and a 5spd '89 parts/potential trail rig.

FoolishOne

May 14, 2006
Bel Air, MD
Only the other way around would people give you a really hard time, that is if you dropped your 4Runner engine into your Supra.

»fo

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Definately no hate for putting a 7M in a 4Runner! ;)

Just don't make the A70 Chassis go to waste (if it's anything worth keeping).

Good luck and I'd be very interested in seeing pictures! :D

Jeff

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
awesome, sounds like a ton of fun. you going auto of std in the project, and are you planning something with the a70 turbo targa, or is the body toast?

89_turborunner

Oct 1, 2006
Oregon
Boost Lee said:
Definately no hate for putting a 7M in a 4Runner! ;)

Just don't make the A70 Chassis go to waste (if it's anything worth keeping).

Good luck and I'd be very interested in seeing pictures! :D

Jeff

Haha. It is driveable, but bad body damage in the rear with a salvage title. I bought it in that condition.

I will run the 7mgte, with a r150 4runner tranny using a hybrid r154/r150 bellhousing, and then two transfer cases, 2 ton axles, ect. So it will be 5 speed.
Here is my great Ma70... only the bumper has paint cancer. Awesome driver. loved the car... but not the damage on it.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Here is a pic of my 4runner stock, and two projects I sold:
ef87174a.jpg

My last wheeler that I sold:
p363852_1.jpg

subaru swap:
p363852_2.jpg

My BMW i sold to get $$$ for my 4runner
p363852_3.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
Wow never saw a E30 with a SR20DET in it, nice cars. Can't wait to see the 4runner in action =]

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Living in Eugene I can understand why you made the change over to 4Wheelin. I used to live there myself and the 4 Wheelin community is a good one there. I have many fond memories of "goat trailin" in the Coburgs and mud flattin out in fall creek and fern ridge.

Looks to me that you know what your doing, and Ive actually seen a toyota 4x4 with a 7M in it for sale down in Eugene recently. I bet that will be alot of fun.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Welcome!!!! We need a guy like you for the tech.........Looks like you have had some fun projects... Keep us posted on the runner!!!!!!!:icon_bigg

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
that pic of the toyota pickup climbing the lightpole makes me want to do lots and lots of fun things to my '94 toyota 4x4.... :) welcome to supramania!

-shaeff