new owner in N Ga

IrishRon

Nov 16, 2010
NW Georgia
hi all, i'm Ron and live in NW Ga. Just bought a new to me 86.5 hardtop with sport package a couple of weeks ago. No pics yet, but will get some next week. High miles, 200k :yikes:, but interior looks great, no rips or anything, just wear on the shifter, steering wheel and e-brake. Front fender was keyed, and has some rust, but is repairable, along with a sunbaked rear bumper. Mechanicals are great.

Had lots of paperwork in the car... Looks to have had 2 previous owners, original owner bought new in New York state, when he was about 40yo, moved to Marietta, Ga about a year or two later, and owned it until 2008/9. Second owner was 19, and purchased it November 3, 2009. He left the car stock, no rice "mods" or anything. He put alot of money into it, new radiator, clutch, brakes, belts, timing belt, hoses, fuel pump, and complete tuneup. Doesn't have the original stereo though :cry:

Anyway, my first mods will be suspension related, front and rear anti-sway bars, and adjustable coilovers, TEMS hasn't impressed me. Lighter wheels, I think 17's would look good, along with some 245's. I'm not planning anything engine related, yet, maybe a good cone filter and better exhaust, as I have had plenty of fast cars (400hp 300ZX turbo Z31, 280hp n/a 350hp w/nitrous SHO, 270hp Capri RS Turbo w/SVO engine <- was awesome back in the 80's, Turbo Thunderbird with a Roush Racing IMSA GTO turbo engine, along with many Triumph sportscars and some BMWs).

hornet7288

Oct 18, 2005
Savannah, GA
Welcome to the forum! I am originally from gwinnett county, but I am in milledgeville for school. Good to know there's another supra in the area...well kind of haha.