New Member from Vancouver Area, BC

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Welcome Trevor!
I ran into you in OT from the "Learn To Speel!!!!" thread already.
I see you have a background with other machines first.
That's like me, I have more of a background with bikes than with cars.
I sometimes wonder if I annoy people when I mention those.
But realistically, I will never be able to race a car like I can a bike, and can only hope to paint my car as I have bikes (bikes are MUCH easier to spray because of their size).
Anyways, I too brought skills from other machines with me to the forums or to my own Supra for that matter.

If you know Duane and live in BC, then it is just a matter of time until you meet GrimJack too. He is also into moutain bikes like you.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Hey Trevor, its Randy here, Eldon's brother. I see you made your car choice :thumbup: . The local Vancouver area Supra's get togeather about once a month for mini meets and cruises. There is always a bunch of us at The race track on street legal nights. Check www.supraforums.com in the Canadian section for meet times and locations, the Canadian section here doesnt seem to get used at all.

My brother let me beat on his 240sx the other night, man those things are fun and super easy to toss around corners sideways, now I know why they are the #1 drift car. His car is stock without a lsd and it still slides easy. Once we get the turbo on my brothers car, it will be crazy.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Welcome to the site, enjoy your new car. They are lots of fun :D

I know what you mean Randy, I don't know why people don't use the Canadian section here :dunno:

Poatree

May 14, 2005
Edmonton
www.shiftin.com
becauseican said:
Hey Trevor, its Randy here, Eldon's brother. I see you made your car choice :thumbup: . The local Vancouver area Supra's get togeather about once a month for mini meets and cruises. There is always a bunch of us at The race track on street legal nights. Check www.supraforums.com in the Canadian section for meet times and locations, the Canadian section here doesnt seem to get used at all.

My brother let me beat on his 240sx the other night, man those things are fun and super easy to toss around corners sideways, now I know why they are the #1 drift car. His car is stock without a lsd and it still slides easy. Once we get the turbo on my brothers car, it will be crazy.

Haha yeah eldon is accusing me of turning to the dark side :O

The 240s are a ton of fun ya... i'm still getting used to the turbo in the mk3 but i've been progressing, albeit slowly, with the drifting. I've done a few but nothing like what i was capable of with the 240. Its just learning new weight balance (and using other techniques besides clutch kicking) and learning when the auto kicks it into another gear.

I've probably met some of the people on the forum at mission that time but I don't really remember the names :nono:

Welcome Trevor!
I ran into you in OT from the "Learn To Speel!!!!" thread already.
I see you have a background with other machines first.
That's like me, I have more of a background with bikes than with cars.
I sometimes wonder if I annoy people when I mention those.
But realistically, I will never be able to race a car like I can a bike, and can only hope to paint my car as I have bikes (bikes are MUCH easier to spray because of their size).
Anyways, I too brought skills from other machines with me to the forums or to my own Supra for that matter.

If you know Duane and live in BC, then it is just a matter of time until you meet GrimJack too. He is also into moutain bikes like you.

Thats cool, what kind of bikes do you have? I do alot of photography work and just recently got the opportunity to shoot my friend's yammy, heres a pic from the session:

p20283_1.jpg

I also met up with a buddy of duane's who was racing at mission on this bike:

p20283_2.jpg

I don't know much about motorcycles yet but i've been trying to figure it out more, my dad just bought a new BMW KT1200RS or something like that, its 130 hp from a sideways-mounted inline 4. More of a touring bike but he likes it.

A reason many people don't use the Canadian section is maybe that its not divided up very much, like the USA section is. Maybe a "west coast" "Praries" *sp and "East Coast" section would promote usage in that section?

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, look forward to seeing you around.

*Edit*

Heres another pic i took, its of some other bike haha it was my friend's friend kinda thing, thought you guys might like it:

p20283_3.jpg

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
whos that cool guy leaning on the supra, i bet that car runs at least 15.99! hey did you notice the kal tire truck in the background?? you think they were coming to get demick to work again!? anyhow, for anyone whos wondering thats my me leaning on my car.

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
ya people shouldnt lean on their cars...I tell you kids these days, have no respect for their cars :p kidding

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
Welcome! Too bad BC's 300 miles away, I'd love to see another A70 drifting. Converting to a 5spd isn't much harder than changing a clutch as long as you have all the necessary parts (or a parts car). And power mods are fun, but you might want a set of nice coilovers first -- especially since you're a 240 convert...

Anyway, best of luck and welcome again!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Hey - nice to see another local guy online. I think I saw your buddy's N/A at Mission - silver with a black hood IIRC?

I'm in Richmond, so pretty close. Looks like I'll have some company to drive out to the meets now. :) Oh, and drifting isn't a forbidden topic at all - though you won't likely find a lot of people who do, throttle control on a boosted car is tough, and with such a huge potential for high end power, that's where lots of the Supra modders end up. :)

I'm sure we'll meet up soon. Heck, I go to mission pretty often - tho I missed the last two fridays due to a vacation.

Poatree

May 14, 2005
Edmonton
www.shiftin.com
Haha very slick daryl;

grim; okay i thought maybe you guys didn't like talking about non-sanctioned drifting, some other boards i'm on frown on it due to sponsors. And ya thats daryl's car at mission.

I used to live in richmond right beside palmer on St.Albans, i grew up there and moved to white rock in grade 6.

Ya the throttle control is kinda an issue with the auto but i'm sure I'll find a way around it.

I always go back into richmond to visit old friends and goto JP malones! best bar ever for chilling.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Hey Trevor! Welcome aboard bud! Nice chatting with you at the track last week. You take photos huh? My bud that owns the V Max has taken some photography courses and has a wicked camera. 2500 bucks or so. He has also taken some for a magazine. His V Max ran an 11.7 @ 116 by the end of the night and is not yet tuned. Pretty much stock. Minor stuff like cans and shimmed intake. Not bad for a cruiser ;) We can probably take some pics together one day for fun as we do that at times. Tons of fun and especially the moving shots!

Are you heading up to the track tomorrow? I am letting Brent borrow my slicks and will run a pass with his car as well. (pretty sure) See if we can get his suprato be the first MKIII to run 12's with a stock trubo :)

Anyway, well will chat later.

Drop me a line as I didn't get your number. I will head out there around 3:30 tomorrow.

Duane

Again welcome. Lets use the CAD section starting now. Good ide since it is there.