New info on a new SUPRA.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
OK Before everyone yells at me for a re-post this is not a post with the pictures that was in a post a few weeks ago I went to a Toyota dealership for a part (that they did not have ) as I was leaving the parking lot a woman walked out of a small back office all dressed up nice with a name badge on. As she walked by me she ran over to my car. I rolled down the window and she said.. " That’s an old supra! neat!" She looked like she had not seen one in a while. She then said "You know there is a new one coming out in 2008!" I said I had heard rumors but did not know if it was for real. She said " Yes it was real!" and she expects to have a few on her lot when they do come out. I don’t think she is a car sales person, she was coming from a corp. type office.

For those of you in the Tampa area this was the Toyota dealership on dale Mabry and Hillsborough. I think they call it "Stadium Toyota"

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
JMDigital said:
OK Before everyone yells at me for a re-post this is not a post with the pictures that was in a post a few weeks ago I went to a Toyota dealership for a part (that they did not have ) as I was leaving the parking lot a woman walked out of a small back office all dressed up nice with a name badge on. As she walked by me she ran over to my car. I rolled down the window and she said.. " That’s an old supra! neat!" She looked like she had not seen one in a while. She then said "You know there is a new one coming out in 2008!" I said I had heard rumors but did not know if it was for real. She said " Yes it was real!" and she expects to have a few on her lot when they do come out. I don’t think she is a car sales person, she was coming from a corp. type office.

For those of you in the Tampa area this was the Toyota dealership on dale Mabry and Hillsborough. I think they call it "Stadium Toyota"

lol...stadium toyota i used to work there no one knows shit.

ill stick to my guns...there will never be another car badged supra again.

xXxICExXx

Aug 6, 2006
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
ForcedTorque said:
Now get back to cutting stickers! I'm about to place my order (10+)

hahaha omg thats hilarious. You keep him in his place! I say there will be a new supra, why should we care. All the MkIV guys will be so choked, its gonna be great to see a higher tier of cars showing them a thing or two at the meets.

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
I agree w/ "Ideal", I doubt there will be another "Supra". If there is another Toyota "super car" so to speak, it will probably be released under the Lexus line because it will be so damn expensive. Although, yesterday @ work I noticed we had a Land Cruiser on the lot w/ a $70k sticker price.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
It wont be FWD. Then it would just be a celica. I doubt it'll have the "Supra" name anyways. Its rare for a car comany to stop making a car, and then continue under the same name. Take the Integra for example.. it became the RSX under Acura.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Idealsupra said:
lol...stadium toyota i used to work there no one knows shit.

ill stick to my guns...there will never be another car badged supra again.
i'm w/ him.... and dear god... i'm SICK of seing posts about a "new supra".... yes, i'm pretty pissed off, becuase i've literally seen about 100 of these posts.... :rant2: people reading this... PLEASE do NOT ever post this again, unless toyota has announced that there will be another supra (which will not happen)

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
it's called the LF-A

if they toss it into production, that's toyota/lexus' new sportscar....allbeit a bit out of most people's price range.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
yes, they may be making a new sports car, in fact, i'm sure they will... simply sick of hearing about a "new supra" since o, about 2004 :nono:

and sorry jmd... i havn't ever said anything of this sort... i guess it's just gotten to that point over about 3 years to where something needs to be said, not neccisarily at you, but in general

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
hottscennessey said:
It wont be FWD. Then it would just be a celica. I doubt it'll have the "Supra" name anyways. Its rare for a car comany to stop making a car, and then continue under the same name. Take the Integra for example.. it became the RSX under Acura.
Technically you're wrong, cause the rsx in japan is still the integra :icon_razz

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I'm on the other side of the fence. I'll bet they do release a new Supra, although there is a decent chance it'll be a Lexus Supra. Doesn't matter though, it's from the same company.

Bickering about it is pointless however, why don't we all just wait a couple years and find out for sure?