New here and new to Supra's.

SCPOW

Jun 2, 2009
SC
Hello to all on this awesome site. There is so much information on this site it is incredible. I currently own a 1997 Nissan 240SX that use to be KA-T but is now back to N/A and I am looking into getting a MKIII and swapping a 1JZ in but have no info how hard this swap is and that is why I am here. :icon_razz

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
SCPOW;1334130 said:
Hello to all on this awesome site. There is so much information on this site it is incredible. I currently own a 1997 Nissan 240SX that use to be KA-T but is now back to N/A and I am looking into getting a MKIII and swapping a 1JZ in but have no info how hard this swap is and that is why I am here. :icon_razz

Welcome! I'm kinda new here too, but I've noticed plenty of threads on swaps all over this forum. Try using the search function for broad/ complicated subjects and educating yourself a bit, then asking specific questions on parts of the project you have problems with. I'm sure more experienced members would be happy to help with questions like that once you do a little work on your end!

Did you plan on buying a MKIII shell and then a 1JZ swap, or finding a car you can drive for a bit while you do your research and save $$? Do you not like 7M-GTE motors? There's plenty of aftermarket parts available for them and they have a good amount of potential for power.

I'd even bet if you played your cards right and bought a running MKIII with a 7M-GTE in it, then spent the money you would spend on a 1JZ swap on the motor you already had in the car, that it would be faster than a 1JZ. :naughty:

Just something to keep in mind!