need lots of help i guess..

ProjectSupra26

Human Powered is teh best
Sep 4, 2006
St. Charles, MO
ok so recently when i went and test drove the 88 i now have, which has a fuel injector leak and the timing is retarded (he said it was retarded....last owner didnt know what he was doing)....when i floored it it was sluggish as hell excelerating.....and when he first started it it blew out some white smoke...and the car had been sitting for 6 months....im not sure to all of how this can be fixed....im comming from a newer 4 cylinder civic....call me retarded i guess...well it ran good for what it was so i got it anyway since it came with an extra motor, jdm tranny, and another parts car....

i just want to know what im dealing with here...yeah the fuel injector is easy and then the timing is easy...but im wondering if that will fix it power wise...i have no clue how timing works (yet anyways) my father is the one who messes with that...he did on my last engine swap for my civic..

oh sorry if this is the wrong section...move if needed

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'd definately give it a tune up first. New plugs, plug wires, oil and filter, try to get rid of the old gas that's been sitting for a while. Clean the engine bay up and look for any vacuum lines off. If you can, you should replace the hoses if their cracked and or brittle. You should be able to tell what you've got then. Hopefully it will work out good for you................lol

ProjectSupra26

Human Powered is teh best
Sep 4, 2006
St. Charles, MO
yeah this car is like totaly rigged man...well not totaly but theres a big arizona green tea gallon jug with a hose in the top of it in the engine bay as an over flow......man im glad i rescued this from the dumbass who owned it...after im done with it it will be nice once again.