Need help determining year of Wiring Harness

CoolVaughan

Mar 16, 2011
Montana
A few years ago I planned on swapping a 7MGE into my Hilux to replace a blown 22re, I ended up selling the truck and am trying to sell all of the 7MGE motor stuff that I purchased to get ready for the swap.

I was wondering if there was an easy way to determine what year and transmission type of Wiring Harness I have because I can't remember what I bought. I would assume its for W58 MTM because that is what I had.

vjsbWRl.jpg

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
You have the "yellow plugs" pre-1989 harness. There is a post-1989 harness with incompatible grey plugs. There is an exception I discovered in my 1989: it had grey plugs which were in fact yellow-plug compatible. 1989 was a "bastard year" where many changes were made over the course of the model year.

I can't tell whether that's 5 speed or auto by looking at it though... Don't recall what the auto trans plugs look like. You could find pictures somewhere, I'm sure. the auto trans is called the A340e if it helps.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
Pre 89 yellow plugs at ecu post 89+ grey plug on at ecu
89 is a split year has Been made with both pre and post harness determine what year you have by the color