n/a cat?

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
Well some of you may know I'm doing a 1jz swap pretty soon into a n/a supra. The clip didnt come with anything exhaust other than the stock downpipe. So I've been looking at getting the 3" dp from 935 and the tanabe hyper medallion cat-back. I barely have enough cash for those parts and was wondering if I could use my n/a cat that I have. What diameter is it and how much performace would I be losing compared to a performance cat or test pipe?

Btw, whats the scoop on Metal Cats? They look pretty good on their website and obviously have good flow and they claim to be legal 50 states but theres noone to buy them from?

So any suggestions on what I should do? (the situation will probably only be temporary until I can gather enough cash for a perf cat).

Thanks for input

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
nocats.jpg

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
might want to look into getting a muffler shop to weld you up a test pipe, even if its just aluminized steel. you can rock that untill you have the cash for a high flow cat / stainless test pipe.

you can always rock open DP! :biglaugh:

Flea420

Apr 30, 2006
Grover Beach, CA
I have been running a Trust 3inch DP with factory NA Catback, no probs, and been a couple months.

So ya, you can do it, but OneJoeZee will come in on any thread you mention it in and give you shit for it :momaru: