My Supra won't sound like a Cressida anymore

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
:)

I don't want a loud as fart pipe, or to look aftermarket. So that does not leave me with many choices. But HKS still sells their fairly quiet 75mm catback system. So now I have two mods done to my car. :love: This is a big jump for me you know.

A big thanks to the high quality service I got at Suprasport.com.

I will even do a before and after dyno, just so you can see how important a free flowing exhaust is on even nearly stock car.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
No. I won't be purchasing that. Well, not likely. I know it will be way better, but I may go the GT35R route. If I don't do it, I will get their elbow. I have the downpipe.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I have the off road down pipe from HKS. I don't know that they sell a downpipe with a cat. Yes, that mod alone made the car pick up much quicker, and the turbo came on much faster. Even with the stock cat back and turbo elbow in place. Boost went a little higher too. Before it pegged above that halfway mark at any point. Now, in 2nd, 3rd and 4th, the gauge is pegged with just the down pipe.

I will be putting on the catback when I get home in mid April. I don't know what the T-16 is.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Shaeff is still holding their hands on i-supra when they cross the street.

I know the original 3 inch system off road made 36 rwhp, on an otherwise bone stock 87. Having the cat in place cost it 6 rwhp. I can live with that. The old articles are all over the web.

I am even going to put a larger turbo on it. Why? Because.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I saved the pipe for '08 when the IM-240 is enforced again. I should do a visual of the cats internals.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I don't think a LIPP/ITS or GT35R will cost me too much. Especially not with a higher stall speed. The GT35R needing a new manifold makes me question it. So I am not sure which one it will be yet.

Last edited:

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
The HKS 75mm Sport/Turbo exhaust is absolutely excellent. If my power goals were modest I would buy another one. My problem with it was that in Florida, the rain, sea-salted air and humidity just ate it apart. Mine rusted away.
It looks as close to stock as possible, even slightly more agressive, yet it sounds great.

If they made a stainless 95mm~ piping version of this, I'd be all over it. I don't know - living in Arizona now, I might even consider it again.

rearunder.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The wifey tells me the system arrived at the house. So now I know I can put it on when I get home. I will even do a before and after dyno. These have been done, but new ones haven't been done in a long time.