my car sounds sounds like a chopper... bad... how to fix? *w/ sound clip*

sportinct26

Jan 15, 2006
cali
ok my car started to sound like freacking chopper with its pop pop po sound... the head gasket keeps popping into my head but it show no other sign... well... xcept the disaperrance of water/collant overtime. :icon_evil

anyways heres the clip... i use a digi cam. so quality sux. but youll get the idea... it wasnt doing this b4... any ideas? the head gasket was retorque. no mhg yet since it hasnt blow...

http://media.putfile.com/12130001

sportinct26

Jan 15, 2006
cali
johnathan1 said:
damn, that doesn't sound good... umm, what is that fluid under the muffler?

oh sry i change the oil of my sisters car and some spilled lol. not from my car.

my car dont leack...

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
your misfiring nasty dude, almost sounds like u have some huge cams in there, i have no idea how to fix it but someone on here should

sportinct26

Jan 15, 2006
cali
Bigzavs said:
your misfiring nasty dude, almost sounds like u have some huge cams in there, i have no idea how to fix it but someone on here should

um bad timing?

i havent check it for a while figured it was ok since it run like a champ for 1 week since i drop the mods

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
I'd say change plugs and wires, my car sounded worse than that and bairl idled, turns out when I bought the car 3 of the plug wires where mixed up lol, I had it trailord to my shop so I didn't her it run untill I got a new turbo, then plop plop back fire, I was def scared, I'd say plugs and wires then see how she runs

sportinct26

Jan 15, 2006
cali
Justin727 said:
change the plugs. FIX THE HG. coolant is fouling the plugs out

yeah im hoping to get the hg change at the end of march... shop charge 500+ parts... dam...

and i just change the plugs like a month or two ago. i gave them. and i have ngk plug wires. and the order of the wires are 163425.

but i guess ill check those tomorow..

Justin727

T-virus infected
if it has a bhg new plugs is all it needs. although it might prolong the life of the spark and the car to run you cant escape the inevibility that it is a BHG and it will eventually kill the motor. Dont change the wires and plugs first. Change the HG first.

Edit: good now that u see this get it done asap. Although 500 isnt bad considering a headset and say parts, tools, and whatever will exceed 250.00.
I'd say supply them with some arp head bolts and tell them to torque them down to 80 ft lbs. Or just save some time and money and do it urself.
Sorry I just get tired of people saying change the plug and wires. It wont help. it will happen agian untill the hg gets fixed.

sportinct26

Jan 15, 2006
cali
Justin727 said:
if it has a bhg new plugs is all it needs. although it might prolong the life of the spark and the car to run you cant escape the inevibility that it is a BHG and it will eventually kill the motor. Dont change the wires and plugs first. Change the HG first.

Edit: good now that u see this get it done asap. Although 500 isnt bad considering a headset and say parts, tools, and whatever will exceed 250.00.
I'd say supply them with some arp head bolts and tell them to torque them down to 80 ft lbs. Or just save some time and money and do it urself.
Sorry I just get tired of people saying change the plug and wires. It wont help. it will happen agian untill the hg gets fixed.

no no no its 500 for labor and parts is separate. but im still looking around for better price. but i think i might end up doing it myself. im just concern on how to do the bottom block...

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
Have you recently washed off the engine bay? When do i put bags over the alt and filter but still for a good 15 mins of driving my car sounds like a chopper.

sportinct26

Jan 15, 2006
cali
jmcboost said:
Ya, save money and do the HG yourself. you have a lot of support from people on here with tech help.

yeah im thinking of doing it at the end of this month since i have no other transfortation... im thinking of getting a bike at the end of march :evil2: so the supra can take a rest ...