my 89 NA vs an 06 Civic SI

JoeyD

Feb 5, 2007
Oceanside, CA
I went to SOE(Sony) today in Miramar(San Diego, CA) for a job interview. Firstly, in the parking lot there were alot of modified Civic's & Celica's & i noticed in one corner there were 2 Supra's next to each other(MIV's), an RX-7, and a BMW M5.. (i guess that was the big boy corner).
anyway, interview went ok, blah blah... afterwards i was on my way home & of course the freeway is slow as sh$% as usual so decided to take the coastal route. I was at a stop light up at the top of the hill in Torrey Pines when one of those new Civic SI's pulled up next to me and the guy was in his car w/ his gf and he looked over at me & started revving.. his gf thought it was funny & was laughing... i decide "ok fine" and start revving to. the light turns green and we're off.
he darted right out ahead of me & had the lead momentarily but then i managed to pass him in no time & saw him in my rear view mirror arguing with his gf. once i was well ahead i slowed down to the normal speed limit & then he decided to keep racing past me & god knows where he was off to.

welp, that's that. guess this ol' thing has some spunk left in it. :)

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
You sure it was an Si i mean those Si's should put a beating on a N/A supra being that they have about the same amount of hp just weigh in less.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
supradan22 said:
You sure it was an Si i mean those Si's should put a beating on a N/A supra being that they have about the same amount of hp just weigh in less.

Yeah a stock SI is supposed to run what a turbo runs stock from 0-60.

I guess his girlfriend told him to stop or something lol.

Turb0Lover

Its coming back
Nov 23, 2006
Phila.PA
trydrew said:
Yeah a stock SI is supposed to run what a turbo runs stock from 0-60.

I guess his girlfriend told him to stop or something lol.

Maybe she did you know how GF's are. But thats cool I like to show up the people that rev at me. But everyone says their really quick but IMO their really not. Quicker than the prevous Si's. Like I said IMO.

89supturbo

Jul 28, 2006
Delmar, NY
It probably had somthing to do with his fly-by-wire throttle, specifically engineered by honda to be yet another scapegoat when the owner loses a race

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
i hate it when they either do the loser fly-by or turn off before the next red light so they don't have to be next to you.

Mosupra9

Jun 6, 2006
Tucson
this doestn help but i smoked an si with my turbo supra stock by like 10 car lengths....it was prettty nice and they were tappiing the whoel thing...so i got to see my ass after wards

mk3concepts

1j on the way!
Apr 2, 2006
Bay Area, Une Town
those civic si's has about 200hp with v-tec, but they have too much electronic gadets in them, shouldbe a lot heavier than the older civics, well my point of veiw

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
maybe it was up a hill?

:D

yeah, I raced another MKiii from work, and we were dead even, but i've raced stock civic and integras before, and they just couldn't keep up..

don't know about an SI though...

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
Good kill! Yeah stock those Civic's, Si or otherwise, aren't terribly fast at all. Hell, My 1G MK3 keeps pace with a Civic Type-R on the straights, beats the hell outta them through the corners though!

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
hey my daily driver is an Si w/ a rsx-s and it runs really good. you just haven't ran into any good ones yet check out my link:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124929

i'm not trying to talk bad or anything but when i had my 7mge i wouldn't have been able to bet the new Si's even w/ all my boltons. what kinda bolton do you have? you might have just raced the Ex that looks like an Si cuz they have the HPF body kits that looks like the Si. when i had my 7m turbo i had hard times beating those hondas that ran good. now that i have a 1jz and have a honda as a daily drive and know how good they run i would still be scared to race some of those hondas w/ my 1jz