Motoring J Style drift

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
I'll get some pics loaded up on here tomorrow, but i just wanted to post about the Motoring J Style drift event in Vallejo this weekend. I got out there with my new Megan setup and what a world of difference that was! So much stiffer and better. I was able to control the car much much better but the problem that kept screwing me was my 275's in the rear and lack of steering angle. Havent ran the tie rod spacers yet, but i plan on it. I bet it looked like i autocrossed the track more than drift because of the difficulty of breaking those big tires loose and when i did manage to get in a drift i couldn't put it into a severe angle because of the lack of steering angle to pull it out. So a few things to tackle for the next event

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Yeah, that is me that he pulled up behind, lol. The turbo worked great, spools super fast and i got it pushin more boost that my old upgraded CT. The Megans worked great too, but its those damn big tires and lack of steering angle. I may do a couple more drifts but i think i'm going to focus on pure track events now that i can cut turns without body roll.

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
locustreign said:
dont drift with a supra.

everyone laughs at us.

whats wrong with drifting a supra?? : dunno : i drift the supra and so does a handful of guys that drive soups. and its not that bad, if you can drift a mustang you can drift a supra.

Last edited:

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
No Locust is right as is obvious by the wealth of knowledge he's dispersed in other threads *ROFLMAO* He knows everything and must correct us fools that have been doing it longer