MKIII's = big people friendly

JoeyD

Feb 5, 2007
Oceanside, CA
I know this may seem like an odd topic, but i just had to say something because of how pleased i am. Basically, i've been into sports cars for some time now. Have had a "modified" Civic & a "modified" Eclipse before and didn't exactly fit too comfortably in either car. I couldn't even get in the door in an old corvette or a stealth/3000 gt. Awhile ago a friend went on about how much he loved & missed his old 85 Celica GT-S. Unfortunately, i remembered how cramped i was just being in the passenger seat in his old Celica but one day saw someone drive by in an MKIII and i thought "hmm.. those look pretty cool.. i wonder if i'll fit ok in that". Did research, found them to also be relatively inexpensive now & decided to take one for a test drive. Oh yeah i'm 6' 4" 260lbs btw... So, i get into this Supra & have no trouble getting in the door, my head isn't touching the ceiling for the 1st time in a sportscar, and i can almost stretch my legs all the way out!.. So sure the car is great regardless but just how well i fit alone i was sold. Anyway, that's it. Enjoy this useless thread! :)

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
lol i did about the same i had a 94 civic hatch and everyone said i looked like a giraffe stuffed into an oversized egg lol. im 6'1 and 210lbs back then. then i got the supra and OMFG LEG ROOOOOOM!!!!!!:love: . im now 6'6 240lbs and i still fit like a china man in a big rig :) lol.

trev

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Hahaha!!! I dont have this problem coz im a shortie.... BUT my passengers LOVE it, and they have all made similar comments :)

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I dunno about that. The one passenger in the front is loving it...while to rear passengers wish they left their legs at home.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
i had a 83 celica gts.. i dont remember it being that small.. but i wasn't on the passenger side..

my old ef honda (90 4 door ex) was fairly small inside.. i felt like donkey kong in mario cart driving that around (i'm 6'3" 300 lbs).. but got 39 mpg!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
HellsLegion said:
They are!

Im 6'7" 195ish pounds of real man and i fit fine!

You're all the time bragging you stud muffin you...............:naughty:

Welcome to Supramania Mr. D

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
HellsLegion said:
They are!

Im 6'7" 195ish pounds and i fit fine!
Damn.......... You're skinny!

JoeyD.............Glad you finally have automotive taste:biglaugh: even know you had other reasons for getting the car. No matter what the reason was...........you're gonna fall in love and never want to give it up. And BTW.....You will fit in the community nicely, as it is a very friendly and helpful bunch we have driving the MKIII.

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
speaking of uncomfortable sports cars my girls 95 stand has no leg room at all doesn't matter wht side you sit on plenty of head room but you feel kind of traped inside it with the doors shut