MKIII Supras

Anthres

Jan 7, 2010
Texas
Hey all, I've already introduced myself so I figured I'd run on over to the Gen Discussion area for my questions.

I have not purchased a Supra yet. I currently drive a 2002 Audi TT but declined to modify it considering it's FWD and I have no love for FWD and High Performance being used in the same sentence.

I've been cruising Craigslist for Supras, found a few, but wanted to ask if there was anything yall felt I should watch out for when going to look at the potentials. I have decided through reading I would like the 7MGTE engine and 5spd.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Watch out for everything. Many of these cars are owned/abused/sold by people who screw up nearly everything they touch on them. And they do this while constantly whining about previous owners. It slays me no end...

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
personally the only thing i pay attention to when looking for a supra is

straight body....thats it lol...as jj said, these cars have been abused and fuckered up generally so one must come to terms with that and be fully prepared to rework the car. its a shame but a sad truth:-(

mkiii racer x

Dec 22, 2009
st louis
Have deeps pockets for repairs/parts and I hope u know how to wrench so u can save a little money here and there. Oh watch out for blown head gaskets but that wouldn't stop me from buying overall condition would other than that you'll love owning one fun to drive and if u get a targa best of both worlds

Last edited:

Bri7man

"Yeah! Take the lemons.."
Jul 17, 2009
Torrance, CA
I'd watch out for a pretty color, no obvious abuse or damage, and visualize the motor on your garage floor with the pan and head off. If that doesn't frighten you then you're in good shape

steve1479

Oct 9, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Anthres;1486981 said:
Hey all, I've already introduced myself so I figured I'd run on over to the Gen Discussion area for my questions.

I have not purchased a Supra yet. I currently drive a 2002 Audi TT but declined to modify it considering it's FWD and I have no love for FWD and High Performance being used in the same sentence.

I've been cruising Craigslist for Supras, found a few, but wanted to ask if there was anything yall felt I should watch out for when going to look at the potentials. I have decided through reading I would like the 7MGTE engine and 5spd.

No Quattro? =[