mk 111 supra no heat

malkie

Jan 25, 2010
donegal
the heat will sumtimes work after driving 4 narly 50 miles but not all the time,iv just replaced a bhg and i niver replaced the thremostat is this ok i wonder and wat kinda miles will i be running it in 4 i was thinking about 500 miles????

89nasupra

Sugar, Water, Purple
Apr 8, 2008
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
wrong section to post but i'll try to help anyway. is the vacuum line that goes to the heater control valve conected? if so is it working? check there first then if that is all ok check for blockage in the heater core.

malkie

Jan 25, 2010
donegal
thanks 4 geting back 2 me,i get heat somtimes and can hear it in the inside rad but how wud i get rid of air or fix the blockage. whats this light i hear you guys on about.and were should i post

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
What did you mean the miles youd be running it in for? Like breaking in the engine?? If thats it, some say 500, some say 1000. I am going with the 1000 mile break in. Use the search button at the top of the web page, and type in what youd like to know. Youll get some really informing posts come up.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
malkie;1516316 said:
the heat will sumtimes work after driving 4 narly 50 miles but not all the time,iv just replaced a bhg and i niver replaced the thremostat is this ok i wonder and wat kinda miles will i be running it in 4 i was thinking about 500 miles????

The heat on my car works intermittently. Sometimes after driving for about 50 miles, it will begin working, but not all the time.

I just replaced my headgasket, but I didn't replace the thermostat, is that okay?

Regarding the headgasket, how many miles should the break-in period be? I was thinking it was 500 miles.