MBC installation

suprahabsfan

Boost Addict
Sep 28, 2007
Sylvania, OH
Jimenez42;1035545 said:
I have been searching on how to install my MBC and have found some very good info but every MBC i have seen being installed looks a lot different then the one i bought..Can someone tell me why their 2 peices? and how i would install it? Thanks in advance

BTW: i bought this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car...adiZ2865QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item380031040222&

Did you already pay for it? I wouldn't like the idea of a 8$ part controlling my boost levels.

Jimenez42

Feb 9, 2008
Michigan
suprahabsfan;1035556 said:
Did you already pay for it? I wouldn't like the idea of a 8$ part controlling my boost levels.

Yeah already paid for..I know its a bit sketchy but i just figured i would try it

Jimenez42

Feb 9, 2008
Michigan
i figured it would work fine, but can anyone explain why i have two peices and not just one main one? It is kinda confusing me, any help would be appreciated.....

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
My buddy has got the same exact one on his mk3. Works fine. Its mislabeled though, we had to install it "backwards" for it to actually control and hold boost.

Jimenez42

Feb 9, 2008
Michigan
Fletch124;1035931 said:
My buddy has got the same exact one on his mk3. Works fine. Its mislabeled though, we had to install it "backwards" for it to actually control and hold boost.

Could you tell me how you guys installed it? I'm confused which part goes where

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
normally you install the compressor nipple going IN the boost controller against the ball and spring and then the outlet obvisouly goes to the wastegate... you dont need the little t box.

and like the other guy said you have to install it backwards. as the compressor nipple goes to the bottom nipple, unless it works like none of the other boost controllers ever made...

1992supraman

Dec 1, 2007
Corvallis, OR
i think the t just splices into the line from the mbc to the wastegate. It helps release pressure when you shift so pressure in the line doesnt keep the wastegate open.