Maybe bearings?

suprahabsfan

Boost Addict
Sep 28, 2007
Sylvania, OH
I have been having this problem for a while and it comes and goes. I did a search and no one really has the same problem. my front pass. wheel shakes and makes noise on and off? it can be driving smooth and then all of a sudden it does it. then it will go away. sometimes feels like the wheel is gonna break it does it so bad. I originally thought my wheel needed balanced because their is no wheel weight on it...but why would it come and go? It seems to do it after hard breaking but not all the time. Rotors do not pulse all the time when brakeing. Any ideas? Wheel bearing maybe....?

afofsupra

Mar 14, 2008
md
Possibly bad rotor? Bearings are pretty easy to check, although they are not an intermittent problem....

Jack the car up, pry up on the wheel to see if there is play. Take wheel off and check rotor runout.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Wheel bearing. The bearings are stacking up and falling down is the easiest way to describe it. That is why you feel it come and go. Need to go ahead and fix it today before you have rel problems. Such as the bearing seizing or wheel falling off.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
AJ'S 88NA;987923 said:
I had a sticking caliper that did the same thing.

Yup, loose alignment hardware can do it as well.

KyoSohma07;988076 said:
I'm having a wheel bearing problem to, but its a rear wheel. I know what caused this though, I had to pry my wheel off and it messed up the bearing.

and a quick question is this the right wheel bearing, or is it a actual bearing that needs to be pressed in?

http://http://www.innerauto.com/store/?N=1725+11790+4294966977+11921+5916

that page also has the front bearing on it also

Well, that unit looks VERY easy to swap in.... <----- the instant "easy" appears in anything involving a MKIII you know the picture is different from the actual product.

Yes, the bearings are a press in affair. Depending on where you go, you can get the bearings for about that amount. Shops around here will press out the old and press in the new bearing for around $30 if you bring them just the knuckle.