Leaky injector seals

jon6.0

Sep 16, 2007
phoenix
So I have gas puddling up on my manifold from a leaky o-ring or seal. I went ahead and bought six injector seal kits. The manual says to use gasoline to lubricate the seals prior to installation. Can I use a dab of grease in place of the gasoline?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
use GAS

grease can clog the injectors, oil can as well... it also turns into carbon in the combustion chamber

if it was OK to use grease, it would say to use grease...

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
ive always use grease- make sure not to put it on tip. actually, i think chiltons might say to use grease also.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
if you use grease, it will dissolve when it comes in contact with the gasoline and very possibly land up in the rail. the next place it goes would be the injector. injectors are meant to pump fuel only

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
oohhh, man i use grease on the lower seal in the head. i thought that was the seal he was talkin about. but ive still used motor oil for top oring without problems

MA70Snowman

Oct 17, 2006
San Diego
Spit.. worked fine for me on my recent 550 install. first time i used gas and had a ring rip on me.. second time rubbed a little spit around the top (after putting them on injector and put it in the rail.. worked fine.