Just saw 28 weeks later, my thoughts.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I went tonight with a friend of mine, and saw 28 weeks later. I enjoyed it more so than I did 28 days later, although both films are very different and still very similar, lots of good action, a decent story line and a wierd ending that'll make ya wonder. This isn't really a zombie movie, the most common bitch about the films is that they go fast or blah blah blah. It's a virus transmitted by saliva or blood, very similar to HIV and it causes people to go insane, they are very much alove, just basically brain dead, they can be killed by bullet wounds, starvation and poison gas unlike zombies who are immune to most anything. I liked it, anyone else seen it? any thoughts?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Saw it, and I wasn't impressed. The first one was filmed on a $5000 pound budget... and they did a better job with the camera. Too much shaky cam work in the new one. And a few extra plot holes... like the fact that the kid has infected blood and brains spattered all over his shirt for half the movie, but does anyone get infected from it? Hell no... Or the other big one - the car isn't starting (it cranks, which is a miracle, considering that it hasn't been used in 6 months) but it won't fire. So, naturally, you should push start it, right? Oh, and the killer gas will stay out of a car if you close the windows and vents. Suuuure. Worse, you can jump out, close the door, and the toxic gas won't just kill the other occupants of the car. And an attack chopper can't hit a Volvo driving along the road.

Anyway, I'll stop. ;)

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
The shaky camera was intentional to create a sense of panic, anxiety, etc. Thats a personal taste issue some of us love it some don't, it wasn't prevalant the entire film. I totally agree on the gas getting into the car, kinda like a t shirt is not gonna stop it from getting into your eyes nose or mouth either. The car starting isn't realistic but its not completely nuts either, if it had been a mk3 I'd have agreed LOL. The boy had dried blood on him and nobody really touched him a lot, although it is a bit exagerated I guess, the gunship thing, well lets just say you give too much credit to the gunner of the helicopter. It was a machine gun being fired not a heat seeking missle so it can miss especially when the choppers doing 100+ the cars doing maybe 50 or 60 and zig zagging in an urban enviroment.

Sorry you disliked it but I liked it a lot I liked the first one a lot too. Call me crazy

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
GrimJack said:
Saw it, and I wasn't impressed. The first one was filmed on a $5000 pound budget... and they did a better job with the camera. Too much shaky cam work in the new one. And a few extra plot holes... like the fact that the kid has infected blood and brains spattered all over his shirt for half the movie, but does anyone get infected from it? Hell no... Or the other big one - the car isn't starting (it cranks, which is a miracle, considering that it hasn't been used in 6 months) but it won't fire. So, naturally, you should push start it, right? Oh, and the killer gas will stay out of a car if you close the windows and vents. Suuuure. Worse, you can jump out, close the door, and the toxic gas won't just kill the other occupants of the car. And an attack chopper can't hit a Volvo driving along the road.

Anyway, I'll stop. ;)

Or how the military didn't notice that guy was cruising around the entire day in their helicopter chasing his friend who left his post.

I'm a big nitpicker too:icon_bigg lol

89Joe

POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
The beginning of the movie scared the shit out of me. I was very impressed with the film, and although there were some things that just made you go

"What the F^$%!"

it was still a very good movie in my book. I like the idea of a crazy virus like that rather then zombahz.

-Joe

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
The movie wins!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA besides the ending I did not see coming, I was thing it would be a typical nuke em situation. Volvo Wagon 1 Apache Longbow 0

p617523_1.jpg

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
The Doom movie could have been good... but of course they made it not based on the games story, added a wrestler in it ect. For those of you looking for some good SCI FI books, you need Doom 1-4... they are awesome.. my fav books. They were written by a Star Trek novel writer.

S

Striker

whos idea was it to put a wrestler into a movie anyways? you would think they had already known he was a bad actor.