Just installed Blitz turbo time, few Qs

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
The timer works fine in the aspect of letting the engine idle for a pre-detemined amount of time. It's the alarm + e brake that have me wondering.

The alarm does not activate when I lock the doors from the inside or out when the timer is still active with the car in ON mode. Afterwards it has to be re-locked to function.

The e-brake button function does not seem to work correctly for me. It does not shut the car off when you release the hand brake. My brake light does not ever go out in with the key in ON to begin with though, is there something wrong with the stock wiring? Or is that normal activity?

If I buy an aftermarket alarm will it act like its supposed to or will I have problems with that too?

Thanks!

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
the ebrake light stays on cause you are low on brake fluid (your pads are also probably worn down too?).

there should be ONE wire that you connect to the ONE wire going to the ebrake button. all you do is shove that wire in the plug for that button.

if its not working, you dont have a good contact.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Thats odd, I don't get ANY noise whatsoever from the brakes, and they have good pedal feel. I just ran down to check the fluid and its definitly not low.

The way I hooked it up was I split the switch wire, stripped about 3/8 into all 3, twisted and shrink wrapped them. I think it most definitly has a connection. It said that it wouldn't work properly if this connection wasn't on correctly, and it would just immediatly shut off when they key was taken out.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
hmm..... beats me then! :drool:

i would get a multimeter and make sure you are using the right wire.

make sure that the ebrake switch is functioning correctly. maybe its stuck? :dunno:

i have a blitz FATT. the older silver one, came in black also.

are you sure you are using the right wire? if i remember correctly it was the purple wire with black marks on it. the other one (orange and black?) was for something else, i wouldnt know as i never got any instructions with it.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Okay, nvm about the e-brake thing, I tried it with the car actually running tonight just now and it worked fine with the e-brake. I guess before you start it, its is still in like diagnostic mode and the e-brake light stays on for verification that the light works. So all is well in the wiring.

Anyone know about the alarm and turbo timers? Is there a way to make it work still?

I<3Supras

Drft What do u mean drft?
Mar 31, 2005
Southern, Ca
Well i got this thing about HKS turbo timers but i'm not sure this will work for the Blitz

Hope this Helps:
The HKS TT needs a wire cut on the harness to get the same functionality. I called HKS today to find out what the deal was and they told me to cut the blue wire coming from the TT to the harness (DO NOT CUT THE BLUE WIRES THAT JOIN THE HARNES ENDS!). If you remove the blue wire from the TT this will allow the radio and all your accessories to turn off when you remove the key. Since the alarm is looking for current/no current on the acc position of the key the alarm can be armed/disarmed with the TT running. Also you can disarm the alarm with the key in the cylinder. Those of you with the HKS TT should do this mod to get the alarm to work. I have put all the wires back together and my alarm functions as it did originally except that the TT is still running the car.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I should try contacting Blitz to see if they know anything about which wire I might be able to cut to make it work like that. Thanks!

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Actually I don't think I need to call Blitz at all, just like the HKS harness (possible the same one) there is a blue wire: (from the manual) "Blue Wire - Connect to secondary ignition or accessory wire" I would imagine that would be the one to chop right? I'll cut it on the tap harness, so if it screws up royaly I can just replace the $15 harness. (I know, not the ign-ecu part, the ign - TT part :) )

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
I have the same problem as far as the alarm not arming when i initiate the stock alarm.but i dont worry about it because when i get out of my car i do a once over by walking around it or to just admire it...lol but its not a real issue i guess.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I have a half day of school today, so I'll have a little time between then and when I have to go to work. I'll clip that blue wire and see how it goes.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Alright, blue wire did the trick. I clipped it and locked the doors boom- security light went on. I tested it too by unlocking the door from the inside and it went off. So you/HKS were right, its the second ign/acc wire that holds the key :) Thanks!

Jonnymkiii

High Altitude
Mar 31, 2005
Boulder, Co
Nicely done! Where did you mount it? Got any pics? Do you like it so far? I'm thinking about going with the Blitz TT myself... I think you saved me some headache with this post so I thank you for that!

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I like it, easy to use and works just like it should. I have not hooked the boost line up yet, and I don't know if I ever will, mostly my plan was just to set it at like 2:30 and let it count that all the time.

oh yea... and I don't have a stereo, and its not too high on my list of thing to buy, lol.

Poatree

May 14, 2005
Edmonton
www.shiftin.com
If its any help, i have 5 or 6 friends with diff turbo timers in diff cars and none of their alarms work with it... The vibration sensor alone is sensitive enough in most cases to go off from the engine running.

And hey! solder your wires! none of that twist-shrinkwrap stuff :(

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
i have a random problem with my razo one
it seems to interfere with the auto transmission :confused:

it's fine while i'm driving but when i slow to a stop or i am stopped it starts making the car idle wierd... surging.. sorta, when i change from P to D or something, i unplugged the harness and it's fine

it counts down fine...

also what does the auto count up wire go to? the one that automatically detects how long it should time down? that part doesn't work on mine but i guess it's coz it's not wired in but i wouldn't know where to put it

i'll post up tomorrow what colours my wires are for it

afterthought: i guess it was a random coincidence but i was thinking maybe low petrol lol

but anyway.. yea if anyone could tell me what colour wire does what when i post up the colours that would be cool :D

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
My blitz does the auto time up via a boost guage, which just taps into the vacuum lines and once it detects a certain boost (selectable) it starts the count. So where a wire would go... I have no idea.

If you have anything that describes what each wire is supposed to do, its the second ignition/accessory wire that I had to cut to make it work.

As for the sputtering thing; I don't actually see how a turbo timer could cause that, its not actually connected to anything but the ign key cylinder, unless its loose or broken somehow in the TT harness.