just bough an SHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
haha, we got it for an amazing deal, and I didnt feel like getting up early to catch a flight so I just stayed home. should be here in about an hour and half.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
for those that dont know:
(these arent my picures, but the one we bought is black so I used this one.)

426716_1_full.jpg

and the engine

426716_26_full.jpg

I was on the phone with my dad, he was going 80 and the motor was at 2400rpm, redline is 7000. pretty neat IMO

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
The 96 and earlier SHO with the standard transmissions were amazing 4 door cars. The performance for a NA motor was very good, probably because Yamaha designed the engine. They were great sleeper cars. One of the few cars outside the mustang that Ford did right. The 96 and later SHO were good but you could only get them in an automatic version. And while they were very quick for a small displacement V8 they couldn't live up to their predisesor.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
car is a 97.

dirgle: I went and looked at a 92 on friday, It was in crap condition... I really dont care about transmission or speed on this car since I wont be driving it most the time and If I want to go fast I have another car for it ;)

plus the gen3 sho's (96-98) look very nice with black headlights and debadged, all im really looking for is a nice daily.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
I agree with supraman7mgte and JAV. It's a Taurus. Resale value on those is generally really crappy. However, if I were absolutely forced to own a Taurus I'd want a SHO.

Along the Taurus topic, my dad went and bought one against my advice. It ended up getting a BHG (it was leaking coolant or something and my brother kept driving it anyway without putting in water/coolant).

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
GotTurbos? said:
car is a 97.

dirgle: I went and looked at a 92 on friday, It was in crap condition... I really dont care about transmission or speed on this car since I wont be driving it most the time and If I want to go fast I have another car for it ;)

plus the gen3 sho's (96-98) look very nice with black headlights and debadged, all im really looking for is a nice daily.

I am defiantly not knocking your car. I had a 98 and absolutely loved it. The quality can't be compared to that of the regular Taurus. Back when I was a Ford man I had a Mustang for my go fast car and the Taurus for the DD, and it worked very well in that role. I have no doubt that you will be very happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.