just a real quick question

May 23, 2007
oakdale, california
how long does it take to swap a 2jz engine into a car?

i tried finding some pros, but i couldnt find how long it should take...any estimates guys?

also, instead of a body kit, do you think it is possible to take the front and rear fenders from a mkiv and put them on a mkiii??

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Not to sound mean, but your post is wayyy to general.

What "car"?
Which 2jz engine set?
Are you doing the swap?
Do you know anything about cars?
Are you good at electical work?
Do you have everything you need to do the swap?

As for the MKIV stuff...No. Stick with what goes on the car.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
theciviceater89 said:
how long does it take to swap a 2jz engine into a car?

i tried finding some pros, but i couldnt find how long it should take...any estimates guys?

also, instead of a body kit, do you think it is possible to take the front and rear fenders from a mkiv and put them on a mkiii??

How long the swap will take? Anywhere from a weekend or 2 to over a year. There's alot of variables. Most of which are $$$ based.

AFA the MKIV thing. Not without extensive modifications. Why would you want to? Sounds like you really want a MKIV but trying to live it vicariously through a cheaper MK3.

May 23, 2007
oakdale, california
haha, no i was going to have it professionally. all of it. i am young kid who has need for only about 300 bucks a month to eat sleep and survive. the rest of my average 2400 a month goes to builind a damn car. i just wanted to know how long it takes to put the engine in, and wire everything. cuz i might buy just a shell car, so..i could just put the engine and tranny in that i already have...

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I think you should poke around with the search button and do alot of reading before you get in over your head. Not trying to be mean, just honest.

All your money won't matter if you have NFI what you're doing.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
If you have 2100 a month to blown on a car, you might as well just buy a MKIV instead of doing a 2J swap and some insane MKIV body/fender modifications.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
OneJoeZee said:
If you have 2100 a month to blown on a car, you might as well just buy a MKIV instead of doing a 2J swap and some insane MKIV body/fender modifications.

+1 for that. I wish I had that much left over a month. I have grown up bills though.

May 23, 2007
oakdale, california
i HAD bills too. lol. but i sold my cell phone, i hated people calling me so much. i only have to pay 200 a month for rent where im at, and i have paid off my credit card bill....so..thats why i have so much money to blow...and if im not gunna put the mkiv fenders on there, any know of a damn good body kit? i cvant find anything besides that damn p.o.s demon kit..looks like butthole...

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
theciviceater89 said:
i HAD bills too. lol. but i sold my cell phone, i hated people calling me so much. i only have to pay 200 a month for rent where im at, and i have paid off my credit card bill....so..thats why i have so much money to blow...and if im not gunna put the mkiv fenders on there, any know of a damn good body kit? i cvant find anything besides that damn p.o.s demon kit..looks like butthole...

I'm not sure where you're going with this MKIV fender thing. Are you talking about taking the rear 1/4 panels of a MKIV and cutting/welding them instead of MK3 1/4 panels?

I'm sure you have some vision in your head but I'm not getting it yet.

But... if you think that demon kit looks like butthole, I think/know trying to retrofit a bunch of MKIV body parts on a MK3 will look like an even bigger butthole. You know... The kind that blows windy farts, like a warm passing summer breeze.

The lines of the A70 and A80 will clash too much.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
theciviceater89 said:
afj1z..how the hell do you get such good mpg in your supra??

That was highway mpg the last time I went to VA even with the stupid little silencer in my muffler and a little bit of romping on it.

May 23, 2007
oakdale, california
oh, on the highway lol, ok...if it was city, i was gunna freak..mine gets SHIT for gas mileage lol. and i have seen two other body kits for mkiii's an they look REALLY nice.

but i have no damn idea what they are called...one of the ones i liked belongs to a guy here on the forums...i tried to pm him, but his box is full...

sao1

Feb 15, 2006
Santa Rosa, CA
If you already have the motor, tranny, full standalone, intercooler kit, fuel system, single turbo kit, and all the parts for the conversion, it will probably take about 4 weekends to put it all together. I would be working on it for atleast 10hours each day. I don't know about you, but i have my own TIG and MIG welder, band saw and tools to get my set up done.

Oh, I almost forgot, get a good friend that can help is always a plus!!! :)

Good luck with your project.

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
i have been researching and gathering parts for almost a year now. seems like i learn something new about a 2jz swap everyday. as stated earlier, money and time to work on it are the biggest factors. or if your in my situation, a garage to do it in. :cry: