Jetta lowering springs on my supra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnRardin

JDM 7MGTE
Apr 4, 2006
Radford, VA
I know this is a dumb question, but today I picked up a set of eibach lowering springs (part # 4.7585) at a flea market for $8 and I wanna know if they could be used on my 89' supra. I'm almost positive that they won't but I'd like to be sure before they hit ebay. Thanks!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
charlesshen;1032765 said:
i still dont think it would work but you never know

06 jetta curb weight 1373
89 supra curb weight 1370

Means NOTHING even if they were identical weights.... :nono:

It comes down to the suspension design/leverage then diameters and lengths.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Put them on Ebay, use the money to buy springs meant for your car...

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
seriously try it it may work out good for you and then you can tell us and we will know they would or wouldnt work

JohnRardin

JDM 7MGTE
Apr 4, 2006
Radford, VA
wolf31685;1032942 said:
lol i wouldn't put eibach springs you paid 8$ for even if it was for a supra[/QUOTE

That doesn't really have anything to do with it.....I got these off some hillbilly ass 90 year old dude who had no idea what they even are so I don't care. I have a friend thats ready to give me $120 right now for em but honestly I'd love to be able to use them. I guess the biggest deciding factor is how much they lower the car. As far as springs go theyre pretty much all the same just different stiffnesses and size. Right?

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
well...a spring is a spring is a spring, BUT, they have different heights, bar thicknesses, and diameters not to mention they still have to seat in the mounts properly (ie. some springs have a few tighter radius coils on the end to fit the mounts). If you have a spare supra spring hand you can compare it visually at least. Im guessing its not even close.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I'd sell them and buy the right springs for the supra. I wouldn't do something like that if i know for sure that those springs are not for the supra and i wouldn't take a chance and try it anyways. That's a steal though, sell them man.

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
i dunno man i would say take your wheels off and see if they are even remotely close then report back. alot of people won't try things unless it is proven. You got to remember this is your ride not ours. Do what you please, just report back. i am actually in the process of putting on XRS stock springs on my civic daily because of the stiffer ride

DegreE

Banned
Jan 11, 2008
Memphis & Miami
JohnRardin;1032757 said:
I know this is a dumb question, but today I picked up a set of eibach lowering springs (part # 4.7585) at a flea market for $8 and I wanna know if they could be used on my 89' supra. I'm almost positive that they won't but I'd like to be sure before they hit ebay. Thanks!

ban

Status
Not open for further replies.