jdm supra parts

paramnesia

Mar 15, 2009
Anaheim
Hi everyone!

im new to the supra family. i was just wondering ive seen a few people with i guess jdm or euro parts and i wonder how i can go about buying some stuff.

like ive seen those side folding mirrors.

can anyone help me out...

also what are the differences between japan supras and europes supras?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
paramnesia;1272615 said:
Hi everyone!

im new to the supra family. i was just wondering ive seen a few people with i guess jdm or euro parts and i wonder how i can go about buying some stuff.

like ive seen those side folding mirrors.

can anyone help me out...

also what are the differences between japan supras and europes supras?

JDM/Euro cars had folding mirrors, except Euros fold manually and JDM's fold at the touch of a button. JDM/Euro cars have different signals than USDM cars, JDM's have a dark amber color and Euro cars have clear parking lights and amber signals. USDM's have an orange color.

JDM/Euro cars also lack the rear side markers of the USDM models, and JDM 89+ taillights are darker than USDM's and all 3 pieces are the same color. Another difference is JDM/Euro cars have protruding "bubble" front markers, while USDM's have flat reflective markers.

Euro Supras also had wings without any 3rd brake lights, but they had rear foglights exclusive to Europe, and had manual climate controls. One thing desired by many LHD Supra owners is the digital dash, however most RHD Supra owners with it actually prefer analog gauges, so it's a case of wanting what you can't have...

Another thing, JDM cars could be had with a 1G-GTE twin turbo 2.0L I6, available without the flared front/rear fenders and special hard ribbed plastic trim, or a 1JZ-GTE twin turbo 2.5L I6, or a special version of the 7MGTE, that used a MAP sensor, bigger throttle body, 1JZ style intercooler and a few other differences in the TurboA (limited to 500, all black with a special front duct)..

hmm, what else what else.

JDM Supras had metal rainguards, and a few other things here and there, I'll try to update my post later..

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Search the parts for sale section first, but you can often find JDM stuff on ebay. I'd trust the guys here a lot more than ebay though. You might also give Aaron a call at Driftmotion. He's having a moving sale, and selling off a lot of parts.

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
RazoE;1272746 said:
JDM cars could be had with a 1G-GTE twin turbo 2.0L I6, available without the flared front/rear fenders and special hard ribbed plastic trim

You could also get the 1G GE I knew a bloke that had one with an auto box with a raging 160 hp:burnout:

paramnesia

Mar 15, 2009
Anaheim
wow this is awesome i post this last night work up came to work check it out and i got a ton of info! thanks everyone helps out a lot.

yeah i hit up aaron on socal to see what he has.

is there another place i might be able to fine stuff. cause i know that the honda people have there passwordjdm website they go to where they can get like whole front ends and stuff.

is there one like that for our cars?

Thanks again!!

paramnesia

Mar 15, 2009
Anaheim
might as well ask does anyone have the euro or japan mirrors?

also if you have the japan mirrors where do you put the button to move them?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
paramnesia;1273945 said:
might as well ask does anyone have the euro or japan mirrors?

also if you have the japan mirrors where do you put the button to move them?

Euro mirrors are VERY rare, especially RHD units (like mine:naughty: ), but are plug and play and require no modification, just unscrew 3 screws, and plug them in and you're good to go..

the JDM mirrors are much more common, they bolt on, but the connectors are different. They also have a different relay and harness, and mirror button. The mirror button looks just like ours and goes in the same place, except it has a tiny button on the upper right hand side that says "retract"...

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
^--I have to respecfully disagree..

I love my RHD mirrors, as I no longer have a blind spot on my passenger side, and I get a full panoramic view on my driver's side...

It also helps with parallel parking as I get a realtime distance view on my passenger side..