jdm 440's with a stock ecu

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
#1StunnaVic;955538 said:
how would some jdm 440's on 12-14 psi with the twins run on a stock ecu? do u think its worth it to do it?

Sound be fine. Good cheap upgrade. Maybe someone can chime in whether or not a SAFC is needed.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
cbutler;955662 said:
how much power would you gain just dropping in 440's with his setup and an SAFC?

it depends. If you're maxing out your fuel at say 15 psi, then drop in the 440s to run 18 psi then you'll gain power, but just dropping in the 440s to run 15 psi again will gain nothing. THe only gains you will get is from the tune from the SAFC (you would gain the same power with the stock injectors once tuned as well)

Tim

Oct 16, 2006
CA
I have done it. My car ran and drove fine cruising around town as the ECU was able to correct the difference, but under WOT my car was running pretty rich. It was drivable but you won't get the max performance out of the car unless you get an AFC or something of that nature.

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
Please stop with the false information guys.

First off, you will not gain any HP with 440cc injectors over stock 370cc's on a stock twin, stock ECU car. It will run rich and decrease hp as the stock fuel system was designed for around 400 crank hp.

Why would you make such an assumption that you need bigger injectors? Did you check the car with a wideband? First do that before you decided to just randomly upgrade a fuel system.

The only time I'd ever tell someone to waste their money on stock twins with bigger injectors, is if they are running stand alone, big cams with head work, or over 1.5 bar. If you got all that done, why are you still running stock twins?? haha

My car, stock twins, stock fuel, stock side mount, auto tranny. Wastegates shut, 20+psi.
p956070_1.jpg

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
tissimo;955680 said:
it depends. If you're maxing out your fuel at say 15 psi, then drop in the 440s to run 18 psi then you'll gain power, but just dropping in the 440s to run 15 psi again will gain nothing. THe only gains you will get is from the tune from the SAFC (you would gain the same power with the stock injectors once tuned as well)

o.k. that's what I thought, thanks.

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
Ric;956070 said:
Please stop with the false information guys.

First off, you will not gain any HP with 440cc injectors over stock 370cc's on a stock twin, stock ECU car. It will run rich and decrease hp as the stock fuel system was designed for around 400 crank hp.

Why would you make such an assumption that you need bigger injectors? Did you check the car with a wideband? First do that before you decided to just randomly upgrade a fuel system.

The only time I'd ever tell someone to waste their money on stock twins with bigger injectors, is if they are running stand alone, big cams with head work, or over 1.5 bar. If you got all that done, why are you still running stock twins?? haha

My car, stock twins, stock fuel, stock side mount, auto tranny. Wastegates shut, 20+psi.
p956206_1.jpg

What information was false?? I agree that a fuel system upgrade is not necesarry at that level, but I don't think any comments said anything contrary to that.