is it a bhg???

redsupra_Dragstar

redsupra_dragstar
Jan 26, 2006
Tulsa
my exhaust is smoking bad, my motor's overheating, and my supra backfires like shit. is this a bhg or what? i ordered a mhg hks 1.2mm, am i suppose to torque it stock or something else? should i get different head bolts or jus the stock ones. also where can i get a vpc or a lexus afm or 95 supra tt rims? help me out!!!:1zhelp:

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
looks like a bhg, sounds like a bhg and acts like one. make sure you lap the block and get the head nice and clean (and flat). as for the parts you are looking for check the F/S section.. Vpc is going to be harder to find but can be done. I strongly suggest holding off till you find out whats wrong with your car one step at a time before throwing more performance parts at it.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
You should wait to order your headgasket untill your headwork is done, you may come to find after the headwork is done that you may want a 2mm gasket.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
MKIIINA said:
looks like a bhg, sounds like a bhg and acts like one. make sure you lap the block and get the head nice and clean (and flat). as for the parts you are looking for check the F/S section.. Vpc is going to be harder to find but can be done. I strongly suggest holding off till you find out whats wrong with your car one step at a time before throwing more performance parts at it.

i wouldnt say at all that this sounds like a BHG. there is far too little information provided to make any kind of valid guess for this guy. my post was sarcastic.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
i wouldnt say at all that this sounds like a BHG. there is far too little information provided to make any kind of valid guess for this guy. my post was sarcastic.

i know that you were being sarcastic but im looking at symptoms that hes describing and they sound similiar to the standard bhg. the only thing we dont have is if hes losing coolant.

also with the block tester it may not show up if its not blown between the cycl and the water jackets. a compression test i think is the best bet.

redsupra_Dragstar

redsupra_dragstar
Jan 26, 2006
Tulsa
i am losing alot of coolant. and i just found out today that i got water in my turbo. my only guess is a bhg, unless someone can prove me wrong.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
pop off your oil cap and see if theres a milkshake there and lastly do a compression test. if one comes out alot lower than the others....