Is anyone using a Taurus SHO electric fan, How well does it work?

nissota

Feb 1, 2006
Jamaica
Is anyone using a Taurus SHO electric fan, how well does it work in comparison to the stock clutch fan?

How difficult is installation?

Does anyone pics with the installation?

Attachments

• 4c_2.JPG
    4c_2.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 23

bwest

Drafting, not tailgating
May 18, 2005
HippieTown, CA
I used a fan set-up from an SVT Contour. It pulls some big amps with both fans going, but with the correct fan controller it works real smooth. check out my review of the fans in the review section.

Ryanfz

May 9, 2005
Sparks Nv
Is there an aluminum fin fan that can replace the stock plastic fan? I have had the fan break on me once, I don't want it to happen again.

nissota

Feb 1, 2006
Jamaica
bwest said:
I used a fan set-up from an SVT Contour. It pulls some big amps with both fans going, but with the correct fan controller it works real smooth. check out my review of the fans in the review section.

I checked out your review but it is not very detailed. You praised the fan controller but did not give much details on the actual fan's performance .

Does you car overheat in the summer under full throttle condtions or during the traffic with AC on?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
man you so don't knwow hat you are talking about that fan is sick

flow ton of air has 2 speed's as well you can not run the fan at full speed cause it will be to hard on the alt but you cna hook em up to flip switch so you can turn them on when ever you want

i have seam them last for ever never sean one break ever or herd one

ps the svo fan will out flow the stock clutch fan

but now the word is out so wreak's are chageing more for these fans

on yae then can easly be put on supra and look stock

NJsupraA70

Ex-Supra Owner
Sep 18, 2005
NJ
contour/mystique v6 dual fans for FTW. ;)

F160910.JPG

bwest

Drafting, not tailgating
May 18, 2005
HippieTown, CA
sorry for the resucrection, but:

nissota: I haven't gotten around to finishing my review. The SPAL controller still rocks - No overheating issues and that is with an OE replacement rad. Granted, no fan controller will prevent your car from overheating if the rad or fans are inefficient (sp). IE, lacking in thermal conductivity or actual air movement. What the controller does is manage temperature change and variation, and the SPAL controller does a very good job at that. If i was lacking in either of the above items, then running the fans all the time wouldn't help at all. hope that clears up your question.

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
The Taurus fan is a beast. But your stock alternator will never power it without killing your battery, so unless you plan to upgrade the alternator, forget it.

It's too big anyway to fit it in there without fabricating an elaborate shroud.