Introducing myself.

jvginpdx

Oct 21, 2009
Portland, Oregon
I am John.

I am here because my son bought a 1990 Cressida. It appears the Supra forums have all the good information.

My son bought his car thinking he had a good deal. I warned him about the BHG issue. He was a salesman at a local Toyota dealership, and one of his co workers was selling the car. ... with an undisclosed BHG. The service department there said that only the Supras (with the same engine) have this problem. So he bought the car. After all, what does Dad know.

I have been working on my own cars sine 1971. I am in the midst of installling a JDM 7-mge engine. This is the most involved project I have done. I salute any one of you that have done this, regardless of age.

I can tell that the engineering that went into the Toyotas is generally quite good. In the past, I have owned the old Dodges (Dart and Coronett, I currently own a 1996 Nissan Maxima.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Welcome John ! Hope you find what you are looking for on here. I know there is quite a few people on here that should have Supra PhD next to there name...lol.
GL to you and your son !