INTERCOOLER TURBO+PIPING+HKS BOV BLOW OFF for $185?

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
read the description. theres a ton of typos, the measurements dont match (says 2.75 at one point then 2.5 at another) shipping is $80...the list goes on. its either a scam or its a pos. i paid more for my ebay ic by itself. pay for what ya get.

drivinginstyle

May 6, 2006
Bellingham, WA
okay, thanks. I don't know enough about that stuff to tell. I'm rebuild is in progress and I found that and thought "Too good to be true?" Thanks alot guys, this forum rocks! :love:

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
One thing I can say is that I would not bother with those hose clamps on piping that is not flared on the ends. They will strip out before you get them tight enough to where the hose will not pop off under boost. Go with t-bolts. I like the the JDM Crabon Fliber bov. Also, I can get that intercooler too, but it's like a Honda size model.

Last edited:

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
mysupra87 said:
it said right on there,HKS STYLE blow off valve,which translates,breaks on first boost
my buddy bought one.. tried it out on my car (since we havn't built his piping yet) worked fine.. spring is loose (compaired to my hks) but works / sounds just the same... well see how it'll last but for 46 shipped w/ flange.. why not.. haha

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
tissimo said:
my buddy bought one.. tried it out on my car (since we havn't built his piping yet) worked fine.. spring is loose (compaired to my hks) but works / sounds just the same... well see how it'll last but for 46 shipped w/ flange.. why not.. haha

BOV's are so basic inside, I doubt you would have any problems with it. For a ct26 it should do just fine.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
I bought a kit just like that thinking I could resell the IC and BOV with the words "JDM" and "Turbo" and make my money back and just use the piping, the piping's been good to me and the BOV and IC are still sitting on my floor because I've been too lazy to put them on Ebay.

Edit: Aaron's right though, mine came with T-bolt clamps and I bought an IC from him, the IC that come's with this kit is like 3 feet wide and 8 inches tall. horrible fit on our cars.

May 19, 2006
SE Wisconsin
with ebay intercooler, ebay piping, all clamps and couplers and odds and ends. id say it cost me a little under 300 to do all mine. just find a nice size intercooler and a piping kit and just piece together the thing yourself.