I got smoked...but I ain't mad at ya!

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Well, my first street race with the new trans wasn't so good to me...neither was the second, or the third!

First race: I hit the line lock and heated the tires. Then hit the trans brake and built about 1-2 psi in an attempt to avoid lighting the tires. It didn't work. At the word go I let off the brake and put it to the floor, immediate ice rink action. I shifted into second, and continued to spin. After all that I just let off and called it done.

Second race: I didn't heat the tires as they should still have been fairly warm, and they're too damn expensive. I didn't use the trans brake either seeing as how it didn't work out so hot the first time. Instead I left a lot easier, and didn't spin as bad. It was a much closer race, but still I lost.

Third race: From a roll at about 30. Put it to the mat with minimal wheel spin. Still though I got walked. Ya, probably should've given up after the first two, but even losing it was still fun!

I guess I should mention what I was racing, eh. All 3 races were against a modded R6. I guess he was at the 1/4 track earlier today and was shy of breaking into the 10's, and only ran low to mid 11's. It's funny, I got quite a bit of shit from the domestic guys that were watching, but untill they grow some balls and actually go out there and beat that bike I don't feel a bit bad!

I've only been in 3 street races so far. One against a C5 Vette (victory to the Supra), one against a stock R6 (Tie, although had we kept going once I shifted into fifth I would've lost), and this one. Maybe next weekend I'll go race a car, the playing field seems to be a bit more even against cars!

Edit: I'm considering putting on some worn out stock springs/shocks and see what happens. It doesn't seem like I'm getting any usefull weight transfer from the Eibach/Bilstein combo, which is really no suprise. If I still can't get it too hook well enough, and as much as I hate to, I may get bigs-n-littles like those damn Camaro and Mustang owners are running.

Last edited:

Poatree

May 14, 2005
Edmonton
www.shiftin.com
Let me know if you want to sell those shocks :p i'll trade you my stockers plus cash.

If you're keeping up with an r6 more or less, YOU'RE FAST haha. faster than most domestics anyways.

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
None the less sounds like you had fun.

I'm sure he is talking about replacing only the rear so the car will squat & track better. With stock set up & TEMS you can set to full soft & unplug the rear connectors & then set to full firm. Are you running any other rear suspension upgrades other then the sway bar links?

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
I have the CFX trailing arms on the back, and the Bilstein/Eibach combo. I never put the end links back there as I wanted to reinforce the tabs on the arms they mount to first, and have never had the time.

I'm getting ready to head to the Speed-Source shop now. I'll probably install the stock springs/shocks, and may even remove the front sway bar fully. If I can get this thing to hook I'll start tuning for high boost. Untill it hooks I don't see any reason for more power.

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
noo, not the "bigs-n-littles"
the mental image on that is....well i just can't say.

P

Pokey

i think you should be able to hit the low 11s if you get traction, but good luck grant :wiggle: