How to link as a thumbnail?

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
I know that imageshack provides the code automatically. But for th love of god, i cannot find in any way or form how to link as an image as a thumbnail.

I like to upload full res photos and i think people get their panties up tight when i post them that way. Espically my next batch.

All help is appriciated!

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
If your talking about attaching it through SM, underneath the message box, click manage attachments, click on browse, find the file, select it, click upload and when it's finished, click close.

Don't know if that's what you mean. Sorry if it isn't.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
The easiest way (and only way if you're using only photobucket) is to use two separate images, one full res and the other a thumbnail, as described above. It is also possible to write a script (in PHP, for example) that will automatically generate a thumbnail from an image, so you don't have to manually scale images and then upload both copies for every picture. This should be doable even if you're hosting your images on photobucket, as long as you have a place to host the script.

The nice thing about this would be that you only have to write the script once, provided you make it generic enough, then you can do it for any image anywhere.